The Latest News [updated 22 May - Listen to 'Nevermore'!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering which cities SymX will be headlining on this tour?

Look no further.

*drumroll*

Our guys will be closing the shows in the following cities; don't forget to hit up Enter the Vault for VIP/Meet & Greet tix!

*Vancouver BC
*Portland OR
*San Francisco CA
*Anaheim CA
*Salt Lake City UT
*Kansas City MO
*Austin TX
*Ft Lauderdale FL
*Raleigh NC
*Columbus OH
*New York NY

The show originally scheduled at the House of Blues in Orlando has been moved to The Beacham, and show times have been moved up due to venue curfew. VIP ticket holders should arrive no later than 4PM for the Meet & Greet.

4PM VIP access
5pm door
5:30pm show

http://www.thebeacham.com/event/100445/

Tickets from the HOB show will be honored at The Beacham. Refunds if requested will be honored at point of purchase.

Tickets for the Beacham will be available on Ticketfly.com.
The Beacham | 46 North Orange Avenue, Orlando, Florida 32801 | phone 407 246 1419.

Symphony X and World Entertainment Inc Press Release - April 29, 2012

Nathan Moore Memorial Service

We have lost a great friend, talented front of house engineer, and the world has lost one of the nicest people we have ever known in this business of Music. Nathan shared his talent with us and enriched all our lives as well as helped further our careers; what the fans heard in concert was in great part assisted by his talent. His spirit will be with us forever. Nathan Moore lost his life in a car accident several days ago on Cape Cod, MA, a place he loved and called home. We are deeply shattered by his passing and want to share our condolences with his family and his many many friends all over the world who have worked with Nate and are all affected by this loss.

The family has made arrangements for a memorial service at the address below on Tuesday May 1st, 2012 at 10:30 AM. Nate, we will miss you!!

NATHAN MOORE MEMORIAL SERVICE
TUESDAY MAY 1ST, 10:30 AM
CORPUS CHRISTI CHURCH
324 QUAKER MEETING HOUSE ROAD
EAST SANDWICH, MA 02537
508-888-8961

We are pleased to announce the following six shows for September:

09/08/12 Circo Volador - Mexico City, D.F. - MÉXICO
09/10/12 Howard Theater - Washington D.C.**
09/11/12 Soundstage - Baltimore, MD**
09/12/12 Altar Bar - Pittsburgh, PA**
09/13/12 Mojoe’s - Joliet, IL**
09/15/12 Center Stage - Atlanta, GA (Headlining ProgPower USA)

Pre-sale tickets and exclusive V.I.P. tickets (1-hour early entry and Meet & Greet) are available for shows marked with ** at EnterTheVault.com. After May 12th, tickets will be on sale through normal ticketing outlets.

World Management would like to announce that Symphony X have added a show on 6 September at the Pepper Club in San Jose, Costa Rica. Like the Mexico City show, the Costa Rica show will be with Kamelot in support.

9/06/12 Pepper Club, San Jose CR*
9/08/12 Circo Volador. Mexico City, MX*
9/10/12 Howard Theater, Washington DC
9/11/12 Soundstage, Baltimore MD
9/12/12 Altar Bar, Pittsburgh PA
9/13/12 Mojoes, Joliet IL
9/15/12 Center Stage, Atlanta GA (headliners - PPUSA)

* Kamelot supports

November 14, 2012
World Management and Symphony X would like to announce three Latin American shows in 2013. The band is looking forward to play for their amazing Latin American fans once again in 2013. These shows will mark the first 2013 shows for the most recent album release, Iconoclast.

Thursday 11th April 2013.
Buenos Aires, Argentina - Teatro Colegiales - Vorterix.

Friday 12th April 2013.
Sao Paulo, Brazil - Carioca Club.

Sunday 14th April 2013.
Santiago, Chile - Metal Fest Chile. Movistar Arena.

February 27, 2013
World Management and Symphony X must unfortunately announce that last week, Jason Rullo was admitted to the hospital for heart failure. Jason spent a week in the hospital, and was released last week; he has started a rehab program, and has been told that his recovery will take a minimum of 3-6 months under doctors’ care. We are all hopeful that J will be back soon!

A note from Jason:

“I would just like to say that I am happy to be home with my family after what was quite a week. We had a few scary days in there but I made it through what was hopefully the worst of it.

Doctors say I have a very good chance for a full recovery so I plan to be back at 100% even if it takes awhile. I will go through cardiac rehab so I can be monitored while returning to form, so that I’ll know when it’s safe for me to return to drumming the way I always have, if not better.

Thanks to my friends and family for the support, and to the fans, I love you all!” JR

Jason asked that this be posted in response to the outpouring of support he's received over the past few days:

I can't thank everybody enough for your support in this time. I am overwhelmed by the number of people who have written in on our various media outlets. I can feel the love and again can't tell you how much it means to me.

I am doing my best to recover and all the positive vibes sure help!

Much love,
Jason

A brief update on Jason Rullo and the upcoming shows:

Jason has been undergoing cardio rehab and is doing well; he is very appreciative of the incredible and ongoing outpouring of support, and we all wish Jason a speedy recovery!

In the interim, April's South American dates WILL happen; Symphony X will be playing all shows in the near future with their friend John Macaluso behind the drums.

The latest confirmed summer 2013 dates:

Thursday 20th June 2013
Paard Van Troje, The Hague

Friday 21st June 2013
Dokkum, Holland - Dokk'em Open Air

Saturday 22nd June 2013
Hamont-Achel, Belgium - R-Mine Metalfest

Sunday 23rd June 2013
Clisson, France - Hellfest Open Air

Saturday 29th June 2013
Bogota, Columbia - Festival Rock al Parque

horizon-bow-w-ONE-MONTH-620x466.jpg

Just one more month until the 70,000 Tons of Metal Cruise! Join us January 27-31, 2014 as we cruise from Miami to Costa Maya, Mexico and back; click here to book your cabin!

Heavy2014_Instagram_lineup.jpg

30 June 2014
World Management would like to announce the set time for Symphony X at Heavy Montreal Festival 2014 / Parc Jean Drapeau. The band will be appearing at 2:15PM-3:00PM Sunday, August 10th on the Molson Stage; for more information, check out the Heavy Montreal site. See you there! \m/

14 July 2014
The new cd is coming right along; the songs are pretty much done and are getting some final tweaking now. Michael Romeo says that the material has a little bit of everything, and reports that the band will begin tracking drums next month after their appearance at Heavy Montreal on August 10th.

The band’s long-awaited second fan club cd will also begin taking shape around the same time, with an anticipated release in time for the holidays. As mentioned previously, it will be another collection of demo tunes and other rare material, and may also include a bit of content created just for this cd (along the lines of MJR’s Star Wars tune on the first Rarities and Demos, which has since sold out of its first pressing). SXW, the band’s revamped fan club, will be relaunching in September.

Happy Holidays to all of our friends and family! Here’s a holiday gift for you: some news on the new cd! You’re welcome. ;)

In true ‘no update until there’s something to say’ form, the Symphony X camp has been quiet as of late. Don’t let the silence fool you, though; they’ve been busy. So busy, in fact, that the new cd is almost done!

Recording of the drums, lead vocals, rhythm guitar, and bass – aka the bulk of the new album – is complete. In the next few weeks, the keyboards, guitar solos, background vocals, and some miscellaneous odds and ends will be done, with the goal to have everything recorded by the end of the month.

Michael Romeo commented “the plan was to have everything tracked by Christmas, and we’re pretty much on schedule. Things are moving at a good pace, and the songs are starting to come to life. More on that down the road a bit.”

Symphony X’s innovative mixture of heavy metal and progressive rock has made them a favored staple among prog metal fans for almost 20 years. 2011′s Iconoclast debuted at #76 on the American Billboard Top 200 chart and at #105 on the Canadian Soundscan Top 200 chart.

10 April 2015 - Symphony X is happy to report that the mixing and mastering of our new cd is complete! The process was handled by Jens Bogren, who also did our last two cds, and who did an amazing job as always.

As for the artwork, we turned once again to Warren Flanagan. Warren has worked on our last two cds as well, and can also be relied upon for amazing work.

We will be wrapping up the booklet layout and finalizing things over the next couple of weeks. The band is really excited about this one, and we anxiously look forward to getting it out there to everyone.

In also-long-awaited fan club news, SXW will be having it's LONG-waited relaunch on May 1st, 2015 with pre-orders for our second fan club cd to follow. Previous CotM members should contact Jax to ensure that your contact info is current, particularly those awaiting cds. To kick off the relaunch of the fan club, we'll be offering some limited edition/one of a kind Sym X merch bundles to members; we'll post a special announcement at the end of the month with more info and links, Thanks for your patience!

-Jax
SymX Staff

Underworldcover.jpg

New Jersey’s progressive metal masters SYMPHONY X are set to release their brand new, ninth studio album called Underworld on July 24th via Nuclear Blast Records.

SYMPHONY X have triumphed, creating a panoramic “album rock” experience in an era cursed with diminishing attention spans. “This new one is about the song, really crafting each one on its own, to be as strong as it could be” says Michael Romeo, chief writer in the band, and proprietor of The Dungeon, the tricked-out studio in which the album was crafted, newly equipped with the latest in technology required to execute the band’s famous symphonic and orchestrated touches.

“Musically, Underworld has things reminiscent of the bands previous albums but this one definitely has its own individuality,” stated Michael. “Every element added was in service of the song, so the album flows and becomes a total listening experience from start to finish. Every song is to-the-point and fine-tuned, with us paying a lot of attention to the hooks, voices, riffs, and keeping the interest and the energy high for the entire record. It is heavy and aggressive as fuck when it needs to be, yet soaring and emotional at other times. I think the balance is just right. It had to have all the elements of what we normally would do, just tweaked up a notch and really fine-tuned. You know, industry people have talked about how we’ll never see a complete album again, and that idea. I wanted to defend the reputation of the album, and really try to make Underworld worth listening to as a whole record. It’s what I love about great individual songs, but still an album experience. I don’t want to sound like I’m preaching, but it was a point we wanted to make. It was about the progression of the whole record. It speeds up here and then it dips down here. It all makes sense together, it all works together and it all flows together.”

Although Underworld is not a concept album, Michael stated “like the last couple of records, there’s a theme that carries through, without it being storytelling. We try to find something to key in on and get the juices flowing, and here the goal was to find something a little dark but with emotional content. I started looking at Dante, and Orpheus in the underworld, where he’s going to go to Hades or hell to save this girl. So there’s the theme of going to hell and back for something or someone you care about.” Heavily inspired by the Italian poet Dante Alighieri, Underworld draws on the themes from Divine Comedy most notably the part on Inferno. As homage to Dante’s use of the number 3 and its multiples, the band utilizes this motif in its music either in a lyrical or melodic context. The first song on the album is a three syllable, three note melodic phrase, and in the verses there are three references to three songs on the bands third album, The Divine Wings Of Tragedy. “There’s cool shit like this all over the record,” Romeo reports.

For Underworld’s cover art, SYMPHONY X went with their established illustrator Warren Flanagan (Watchmen, The Incredible Hulk, 2012), who similarly tapped into the “secret knowledge” vibe Michael and band embedded in the record. “Warren went with the masks, similar to the first record,” explains Romeo. “But when I discussed with him Dante and the underworld, he did his own research and designed a little symbol for each of the nine circles of hell. So there are these little geometric symbols that mean something. That’s just what he does. He gets in there and finds these things that maybe no one really besides us knows what it means and yet it has meaning.”

Below is the track List for Underworld:

01. Overture
02. Nevermore
03. Underworld
04. Without You
05. Kiss Of Fire
06. Charon
07. Hell And Back
08. In My Darkest Hour
09. Run With The Devil
10. Swansong
11. Legend

You can pre-order Underworld from Nuclear Blast here.

SYMPHONY X’s 2011 release Iconoclast debuted at 76 on Billboard’s Top 200 and #7 on Top Hard Rock Albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.