Symp X New Album/Lack Of!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jax said:
they're as anxious to get the damn thing done as you are, trust me. Pissing & moaning about it isn't going to make it happen any sooner, sorry to tell ya. we get this crap with EVERY cd, & I apologize if I sound a bit cranky (nothing personal), but it gets damn old after a while. The cd will be done when it's done and there will be news shared when there's news to share, so take a deep breath & try to be patient.

:lol: :worship:

haha! I'm in no rush to see this CD, I know it will rock no matter how much time they spend on it. But the fact of the matter is, according to the updates-they should be into the recording process by now... + The updates also state Bi-Monthly Updates...which we do not recieve lol! Yes I am bitching about the updates, as always they disapoint me. However the album can take as long as it wants, although this thread is directly related to the new album its not meant to make me want the new album right now! Its more out their for the fact that according to the updates, this album should be under recording phase as I type this message... and more on the bitchyness side of how cruddy the updates can be lol...

I can't wait untill the new album comes out, should be some ass kicking! And for the record I never said that symphony X was taken their sweetass time and that they should take akway from their social lives to make this album...plz don't be over-dramatic on a simple statement about the lack of updates :) thx you

IN the end of all this, I'm simply saying that according to the dates given in the updates, Symphony X should be in the recording phase, or be entering soon (provided their was no delays or problems) which to this day we have no idea if their might be one, see my point here?

So many of you are "trying" to look like the good guy by pretending you don't check your homepage (SymX website) twice a day, hoping that there is a new update. We were pretty much "promised" pics of them in the studio, and keeping us updated on the status of the new album. We've received close to nothing. I have no idea what the studio, or what their hair currently looks like... come on, now, lol. I understand that they are busy, but giving us some new info would be appreciated. How many songs are there going to be? Do you think you'll crack the 70 min mark? What are some cool challenges you've come across when writing this album, other than Gigantour and solo albums? Are you introducing some new styles into your sound? Anything cool would be greatly appreciated. They obviously do not owe us anything, but as a fan who has bought every album, other than the S/T (which is on order now), and has introduced MANY people, who then later bought a decent amount of albums, would love some new info! These guys are my idols, and I'd love to see them in action! Any detail I can learn about them further drives me to become a better musician.

When it all comes down to it:

I hope you guys are having a great time with the new album. I know it is going to blow me away, and I truly appreciate the effort you guys are putting into it. The quality of your music is the reason I sport the SymX name proudly, and introduce you to as many people who deserve to hear you guys as possible. Thank you guys so much :)

Snowmaker said:
I'd just like to see them come to Detroit again and play a venue that won't cut their set short. That has happened the last 2 times I saw them. :mad:

+6,551,256

I'll buy the new album as soon as it's available. I'm still listening to The Odyssey on a weekly basis. Hell, I still listen to Divine Wings on a weekly basis.

If you want prolific, check out Buckethead. That guy does not have a life outside of recording/touring apparently. He puts out a new album more often than some of us wash.

Progbass said:
Rushed albums aren't neccesarily bad
TiO was done on rush, and it's great :)

Well, there was supposed to a be a track called TWILIGHT IN OLYMPUS!!
The rush wasn't really good :confused:

^But we got even better track instead: Rediscovery Part II has many parts originally composed for TiO. So rushing was eventually a good thing. :worship:

proulxski said:
Its more out their for the fact that according to the updates, this album should be under recording phase as I type this message... and more on the bitchyness side of how cruddy the updates can be lol...

And my point is, when there's an update to be had, we'll give it to you. As it is, and as has been said so many times now it's sickening, THERE'S NOTHING NEW TO SAY. They're writing. They are writing. The band is writing. The guys are writing.<-there..there's 4 days worth, is that what you want to see? Cuz that's all there is right now, & there are only so many ways of saying the same damn thing.

Sorry they're not following YOUR schedule, but when they DO start recording, we'll let you know. Until then, as you can see, you're pretty much the only one having such a hissy fit over this.

_Gentleman of_the Snow_ said:
We were pretty much "promised" pics of them in the studio, and keeping us updated on the status of the new album. We've received close to nothing. I have no idea what the studio, or what their hair currently looks like... come on, now, lol.

"In the studio" usually infers recording, which they have yet to begin, hence no photos. When they do start recording, there will be photos. Until then, I just don't know what to tell you..see my previous post regarding updates.

Now I know how a broken record feels.

I really want this album, but I want the best. And keep in mind the band is just working when the motivation is high. I think they have lots of ideas, but they try it again and again until they have the perfect result. So it's logical that it needs longer than expected!

Jeez, this went too far, guys... Jax already said that there are no relevant news regarding the new album, so... why getting worried? Or mad? Let the band work, let the forum run peacefull, and when the album's done, it's done!

And I'm SURE as soon as they start recording, there'll be photos of the sessions, F.Y.E.!

well when i talked to MJR at gigantour i asked him when the new album was coming out he said hopefully by march 06 so thats still 2 months away there is hope for us. haha instead of hopelessly waiting and complaining you should just check out some other music maybe even take a break from symphony x for month just to enjoy it again in about a month or two. i dont know read a book maybe concentrate on your job/school/family. what else can i say lol:wave:

also beginning to feel jax's pain lol

Metalman7983 said:
*some words*... take a break from symphony x ...*some words*

Is it legal to just take a break from Symphony X. In my world it would be 8th of the seven deadly sins. :D

It's called Moderation people! No its not legal to just flat out take a break from X, but you can listen to them and another band on the side. Like my current favorite bands are Sym. X, DT and Kamelot

_Gentleman of_the Snow_ said:
So many of you are "trying" to look like the good guy by pretending you don't check your homepage (SymX website) twice a day, hoping that there is a new update. We were pretty much "promised" pics of them in the studio, and keeping us updated on the status of the new album. We've received close to nothing.

If you are habitually checking the website like a meth addict, i feel sorry for you. They are just a band, no more no less. They are a great band, granted, but they are just people. Now, i can understand that you were pretty much promised pictures, so i understand that the band should switch their focus and take the time to TAKE SOME GODDAMN PICTURES! To hell with the album, to hell with personal lives, to hell with everyone else in the world! No, Gentlemen needs pictures! New top priority guys! Jax, next time you talk to mjr, please, make him take some pictures so our world is no longer turned upsidedown! *sigh*... i don't know what's right or wrong anymore! Up is white, east is black... NOTHING MAKES SENSE WITHOUT PICTURES!!!!!

This is a rather roundabout way of saying get over yourself. Remember: The band owes you nothing, so you should appreciate every fucking sentence they type.

Jax, i could be you :D except the whole managing the fanclub and helping to manage the band and whatnot :lol:

ptah knemu said:
It's called Moderation people! No its not legal to just flat out take a break from X, but you can listen to them and another band on the side. Like my current favorite bands are Sym. X, DT and Kamelot

Wait... you're seeing another band? You're just playing Symphony X like it is just another cd in your collection? YOU ASSHOLE!!! *Throws stuff at ptah and runs out the door crying*

No, the other bands are just another band. Symphony X is my true passion. All my guitars are always a step down! Always, no matter what! In itunes, it says that every song on V has been played 157 times!

Status
Not open for further replies.