Studio Report & other news updates *updated 1/10/06*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax

Forum Goddess
Feb 11, 2002
San Jose, CA
Studio report:

The band is currently splitting time between writing material for the new cd, and some solo project work. Mike Pinnella's solo cd is just about complete, and Russell Allen's solo cd is currently being recorded. A more comprehensive studio report will be posted once they are able to focus solely on the writing.

Also of interest:

Jason Rullo Drum Clinic
August 21, 2004 at 3:00pm
Music Academy
26 Main St.
Toms River, NJ
(732) 505-6080

I'll add a new post to this thread each time there's a new report..

Just got off the phone with MJR..here's the latest:

The band is still splitting time between writing the new Symphony X cd, and recording Russ' solo cd (which is being recorded entirely in 'The Dungeon'). Russ' cd should be recorded and mixed by October, at which time they'll concentrate on writing, and then recording the new Symphony X cd.

At this time they anticipate the new cd to be ready for release sometime next spring.

Due to unforeseen delays, Russ' solo cd is just now in the mixing process; once it's done (2 weeks max), the band will go from part time writing to full time writing of the new cd. They're still anticipating a release date somewhere around spring of 2005; the release date of Russ' solo cd is currently up in the air.

As for the new material, they're trying to decide what the overall tone for the cd will be, & are contemplating a darker theme, while staying true to the SymX sound.

Spoke to Russ yesterday, & he has finally confirmed that he'll be participating in the Lande/Allen project; he wasn't sure if he was going to have time to be part of it, with everything else he has going on, but has chosen to go ahead and go for it. Also, his solo cd is still being mixed; more on that soon.

Yeah that's some slightly amazing news. I cannot wait for this album. Any word on the other musicians?

Jorn Lande is an amazing vocalist. His first band was some ex-death thing called Mundanus Imperium or something. Not very special. Next was Ark who are one of my favourite bands, even though they've probably split up but won't confirm either way. Jorn doens't sing for them anymore (SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE: GET BURN THE SUN!!!). Now he sings for Masterplan who will have a new album out soon called Aeronautics which follows on from their self-titled debut. I'd say Masterplan are sort of prog-power. Jorn also has various solo albums out which are worth a look, but I'd say his work on Burn The Sun and Masterplan's self-titled album are his best to date.

Oh yeah, he was also the Rising Force vocalist for about five minutes as well, but the Yngmeister fired him. He didn't record any albums but did some live shows, which is interesting because it makes Yngwie sound like prog.

Spoke to MJR tonight, & here's the latest:

From the studio:
As Russ' solo cd was taking quite a bit longer than anticipated, & MJR was anxious to get going full force on the new Symphony X cd, they both agreed that Russ would take his solo effort to another studio to complete the mixing. Russ is looking for a certain sound & said that MJR "made the music sound too good"; Russ should be finishing up the final mix in the following week or so. In the meantime, MJR has begun working in earnest on the new Symphony X cd with help from the other band members; we'll have more information here as it becomes available.

korruption said:
Jesus motherfucking Christ this is some fucking great news!!!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

And I think its a great idea if they did an album based on the Illiad. The final track could be one based on Odysseus which would lead into the Odyssey. Uh-oh i am getting goosebumps :loco:

Status
Not open for further replies.