New album: Work has begun already....!!!!.....

::DEAR MIKEOL AKORFELDT::

I AM A BIGGER FANBOY THAN HIM^^^ I HAVE EVERY ALBUM EVER MADE AND MY LICENSE PLATE SAY "ILUVMIKE" AND I HAVE A OPETH TATTOO ON MY PENIS. OH AND ME AND MY GIRLFIEND MAKE LOVE AND I HAVE SEMEN OF THE FALL AND DO THE GRAND MASTURBATION

HE LIES, WE WANT YOU TO MAKE THE ALBUM FAST AS POSSIBLY PLZMIKOL AKERFELDT!!!!11 WE LOVE YOU AND TAKE YOUR TIME BUT GODDAMNIT HURRY UP TIS BEEN A YEEAR ALREDY!!!!!! :erk::erk::erk::erk::erk::erk::erk:

~~A REAL OPETH FAN~~

Is it me, or was it the above post ^ (and a whole slew like them) that prompted Mikael to post the "new breed of idiot fans" or whatever it was he wrote? If you look at his (unnecessary) response to the shitstorm this has created, he asked if these people ever read the rest of this thread. I'm pretty certain he was talking about ridiculous shit like this, not the Axe- slagging, though that has certainly pissed him off.

You do not own artists, btw. Your say does not matter in the creation of Opeth's art. This is not some reality program where the band's direction is determined by your vote, so stop acting like it is. Mike and the guys will create music and you'll either like it immediately, eventually come around to it, or you'll move on. Man, I hope a lot of the idiots here move on. This thread is full of people (maybe myself included) who think they're far more important than they actually are. I have to remind myself that there are other threads and other people here who make coming worthwhile...

to be fair though, mike really does not know that me and most of the other people that post these "satire posts" have been here for a long time, and are the real opeth fans :fanboy:

lmao, i can't believe Mikael got pissed off because of that jokes...the Axe-bashing is quite ridiculous and all...but those dumb jokes? i really believe that Mike has a sense of humour, i mean, what the hell? next time he should clarify which people he was calling idiots but honestly i don't care, i'm a fan and all i ever did was to praise Opeth for being a very important band for me.

next time he should clarify which people he was calling idiots.

That's a duty which I gladly take upon myself in his stead. Just ask me....

oh, and read through the threads http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/opeth/274568-new-album-work-has-begun-already.html and http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/...-posts-here-thats-cool-noob-thread-alert.html in detail to understand the context and to see that Mike didn't say anything that was unreasonable nor was it humorless or uncalled for.

Cheers!

I think Mike definitely has a sense of humour, so do most members on this board. But posts like the one soundave quoted have been written that many times that they simply aren't funny in the slightest anymore.

to conclude all crap, I'd say this:

Opeth, is a great band, and we all love them and care for what happens to them!

BUT

We DO NOT OWN THEM! If mike took axenrot, it's his fucking decision, me and you have NOTHING to say or do about it, as much as we care.

Plus, the guy whom his music we adore so much, we can trust about band members more then we can trust ourselfs. Having 8 (or nine including lemantations) albums, a huge poster, an opeth airplane, opeth condoms or whatev, will never give you ownership over opeth!

The end :D

Reactions: soundave
no matter who the current opeth drummer is there will always be a conflict. because he simply isnt martin lopez. this is getting very old.

most of the one's who are hating are only doing so by the one time they saw axe in concert, and they think he sucks because he doesnt hit the crash right or he changed this around from how lopez would do it.

So what did you guys think of axe's drumming on the new opeth songs? the ones that he made up? oh wait, there isnt any yet, which gives none of us approval to say this guy sucks at drumming and that he isn't fit to be in opeth. he's been playing lopez's parts, and the fact that he has been keeping up like he has is testament that he has what it takes to make this next album very unique and different.

if you want lopez's drumming then go listen to an old record. quit bitching about the future of opeth and how they're doomed without lopez. things change, quit being so conservative towards one of the most non-conservative bands and accept that this new album will be completley different with a new suitable drummer that opeth can rely on for years to come.

We DO NOT OWN THEM! If mike took axenrot, it's his fucking decision, me and you have NOTHING to say or do about it, as much as we care.

Of course we do, that's the point of a forum. We're allowed to discuss it as much as we like. The problem arises when people either bleat on constantly without rest. Or when they get rude and personally attack Axe. Or just don't even think that there's another side to the matter and insist they're right.