New album: Work has begun already....!!!!.....

I'm really looking foreward to the new album:) I have all albums and the lamnation dvd in eye sight for everybody who comes into my room:D And just love lissening to them.. but yeah, the GR is a lot different, but still an amacing good cd. they are just eveloping;D :lol: but seriouse:D I love all albums and are really really so happy that a new one are working on:D (omg sorry my poor english:p ) :lol:

well i hope that when opeth creates a new album they go in the hard growl direction like on "damnation" , but mikeal is the bossman if you know what I mean so whatever he said goes i guess

mikeal = says something > what others say like peter and per < rip lopez > axenrot

I hope the new album keeps going down the jazzy road as with GR. On GR it seemed as if they hadn't completly mastered writing that style of song and that might be why GR didn't have quite the same lasting value for me as BP or Deliverance had for me.
I hope it will be a concept album.
I also hope they carry on doing tons of major chords instead of minors. It makes the music sound more evil.

I will miss Lopez's latin drumming, but i haven't heard Axe. He can't be too bad if he's in opeth.

yea i can't wait to see how axe's drumming will be on this album, im really lookin forward to that and i hope it will be a concept album.

The thing with Lopez is that although he isn't the most technical drummer in metal (admit it there are metal bands that surpass Opeth in technicality... not that Opeth play two-chord pop songs) he had awesome fucking groove. He played some sick jazzy stuff sometimes... it's awesome watching his playing on Lamentations DVD. I actually wish that little drum bit in Windowpane had let him go nuts for those few seconds. The original Opeth drummer was good metla drummer for sure but I don't think he played in a outstanding way or anything. I dunno why but I have a feeling Axe is probably the most technical drummer out of all the previous guys and I'm sure he'll live up to Nordin and Lopez's playing. Anyways, enough stupid drummer babbling from me...

Wow... incredible, how many shit opinions. It's very easy: you don't trust in Axe, that means you don't trust in Mike, that means you shouldn't listen to Opeth any more, because for you they've dropped :rofl:.

Well... the topic. I'm going to be very impatient beacuse of the new album. I hope it'll be released at the end of this year, but with so many projects it would be difficult. And I've got the impression that it's going to be the most strange thing that Opeth has ever done before: new drummer, side projects with a lot of influence...

Wow... incredible, how many shit opinions. It's very easy: you don't trust in Axe, that means you don't trust in Mike, that means you shouldn't listen to Opeth any more, because for you they've dropped :rofl:.

Well... the topic. I'm going to be very impatient beacuse of the new album. I hope it'll be released at the end of this year, but with so many projects it would be difficult. And I've got the impression that it's going to be the most strange thing that Opeth has ever done before: new drummer, side projects with a lot of influence...

it wont be released this year. 2008 I think
which means that they will be in Australia again when its not March-April. Whats the world comming to?

Hey Mikael,

Can you point on features/changes/etc that you're planning for the next album?
Thanks

(it's still relevant so bumping's ok...)

The thing with Lopez is that although he isn't the most technical drummer in metal (admit it there are metal bands that surpass Opeth in technicality... not that Opeth play two-chord pop songs) he had awesome fucking groove. He played some sick jazzy stuff sometimes... it's awesome watching his playing on Lamentations DVD. I actually wish that little drum bit in Windowpane had let him go nuts for those few seconds. The original Opeth drummer was good metla drummer for sure but I don't think he played in a outstanding way or anything. I dunno why but I have a feeling Axe is probably the most technical drummer out of all the previous guys and I'm sure he'll live up to Nordin and Lopez's playing. Anyways, enough stupid drummer babbling from me...

Its hard to tell what Axe's creative side sounds like until he is actually on record with Opeth. Lopez was really tight though, I have to agree with you on that.

Hope Tool can open for Opeth.

I don't know anything about Axe as a drummer, but I'm looking forward to finding out on the next Opeth album. Many many thanks for wanting to give us a new Opeth experience Mikael.

Come on... that is a dream. I have accepted the fact that TOOL and OPETH are equal on the musically talented scale, but the popularity scale, NFW. I have seen TOOL sixty four times in the last 16 years, and every show has been over 5,000 people. Opeth did not even sell out Harpo's in Detroit on the last tour which holds about 2,500. I wish they would have sold it out, and I wish that they would sell out arenas, but then people would bitch because too many people were at the concerts. LOL

Now that TOOL is on hiatus until the summer, maybe we could work the TOOL/OPETH fall tour with Opeth's new album. Great exposure for Opeth.

Mix

Mikael, can you guys record a cover of my favorite metal ballad ever, The Scorpions' "Holiday"? If you don't put it on the album that's cool. Just send me the file for my own collection.

Thank you.