New album...

alexofbodom

Feb 24, 2002
Visit site
Do you guys think that the new album will be in the style of "Follow the Reaper" or more heavy and straight forward like the single "You're Better Off Dead!"?

FtR was heavy and straight-forward up the ying-yang

I totally agree, Stun. FtR is my favorite COB album. I just put it that way because many COB fans had criticized FtR for being somewhat "less heavy" than the predecessors. If you ask me, I would definitely prefer if they continue in FtR style.

i hope they make a "comeback" to the Something Wild style someday... that was my fav.
Actually the only COB album that isn't my favorite COB album is Hatebreeder, but it was because of the sound of it... Hatebreeder's songs were FUCKING GREAT on Tokyo Warhearts!

Hatebreeder is the best Something Wild is amazing and Follow the Reaper is good just not as good as those two..... FTR just seemed too much like Hatebreeder...

dont get me wrong its good! Just not AS good

Alexi said that he is not satified with Something Wild and its production generally! There are some mistakes on it and I think they recorded it before they get a deal with spinefarm/ NB! So, you could say that Something Wild is not representive for Children of Bodom and there music NOW! Also I heard, Alexi is not contented with the sound of Follow the Reaper!
I like Hatebreeder more than the two other, from the sound and its songs! Many friends said to me that the sound is very steril and clean! They say there is no feeling! But I give a fuck! I love Hatebreeder! And Hatebreeder has got feelings! Its the best fucking album of the world......
I think we'll marry next year:)

Alexi was unsatisfied with the original production of FtR so thye redid it (or something like that)... and SW was recorded in SEVEN DAYS... it's simply incredible that it came out that good.

Basically SW went one way and HB branched off a slightly diff route and then they combined them both for FtR, all the while the music is becoming more direct and heavy (Alexi said something like "FtR is HB's technicality and SW's 'wildness' put together"). Looking at YBOD you should have a real good idea where they're headed... but it all depends on what guitarist Alexi likes the most at the time really. :)

Imho Hatebreeder's the best so far and I don't find anything wrong with it's production. Then comes FtR which is great but, imho, too catchy and last but not least comes Something Wild which is great as a debut album but still immature and not representative of the CoB real music.

And, imho, next cd will be the best ever if the songs will be YBOD-style cuz YOBD has Hatebreeder's technic and FtR's maturity (is it the rite word??).