You're Better Off Dead!

Thanks everyone for your responses. And to Ketsukusa...
Metal is my life, but besides that, I'm a musician. I respect talent and songwriting. You listen to a Sonata Arctica song and tell me that it lacks talent. Jani is fuckin amazing!! (No disrespect, man)

YBOD is good, the interludes and shit. But the solos are one fucking mess man.. Sounds very immature and they do not fit in the song. Especially the keyboard solo.

The rest of the song is unbelieveable.

The solos are no mess. They might not have the best note choices, but they are quite hard to do. Lots of pinch harmonics and they way that Alexi ends the solo is awesome. You're Better Off Dead! is put together so brilliantly.

Originally posted by Saandman
YBOD is good, the interludes and shit. But the solos are one fucking mess man.. Sounds very immature and they do not fit in the song. Especially the keyboard solo.

The rest of the song is unbelieveable.

I agree with you. The keyboard solo is a mess.

I don't think shredding the guitar or the keyboard or whatever will make the song beautiful.

For example, IMHO Steve Howe and Mark Knopfler are way better musicians than Steve Vai. Vai is a better guitar player, but I don't buy a CD to listen to a bunch of weird notes played at the speed of light. I am in for the music!!

The rest of the song kicks ass though. :)

Did you hear how the new keyboardist for Sonata Arctica is going to be the old keyboard player from Requiem and Silent Voices. Henrik Klingenberg is his name. Man, I can't wait for the upcoming album. Recording of the upcoming album is now finished and it will include 10 tracks. Name of the tracks are (not in corrected order yet):

- Abandoned, Pleased, Brainwashed, Exploited
- Broken
- The Cage
- Champagne Bath
- Draw Me
- Gravenimage
- The Misery
- The Ruins of My Life
- Silver Tongue
- Victoria's Secret

Sorry, I know this is a COB forum but I couldn't resist!