New Albums By Boomers

i still buy all the new Helheim's too, even though nothing compares to Av Norron Aett. well, jormundgand does. and the demo.

and ive got all the damn drudkh cds. even the supposed sell out ones. do people still listen to drudkh? or is that why hate forest came back for no reason?

Did you like the Elvis album? I still don't know if I dig it because:

1) it's actually pretty decent as a stripped down bare thing
B) Skeletons was so bad that anything afterwards woulda be fine

I think Black Laden Crown and Deth Red Sabaoth are both totally swell.

His movie made Troll 2 look like The Godfather though. Absolutely horrid!

I've been wanting to have Old Man Danzig discussions and finally an actual boomer thread happened so here I'm is.

One of my friends declared long ago that he won't listen to Danzig until he's at least 40. So far he has honored this decision.

Reactions: NAD
Did you like the Elvis album? I still don't know if I dig it because:

1) it's actually pretty decent as a stripped down bare thing
B) Skeletons was so bad that anything afterwards woulda be fine
No, I feel I'd need to like Elvis to get anything out of it, but it didn't quite repulse me at least... Skeletons was indeed bad, and demo quality too, but I extracted more enjoyment out of that thanks to the choice of artists covered.

I tried listening to Danzog do Elvis and was violently repulsed. I LOVE obese druggy Elvis and this meathead did a great disservice.

OT: Primordial, even if theyre a shade of their former selves an offering is worth a few kopecks. Cant think of anyone one else I'll buy on the blind.

Off Topic:

Search still wonky and I cant find Gaming thread. Anything by FROM. Gooks are boomers too.

Reactions: MFJ
I tried listening to Danzog do Elvis and was violently repulsed. I LOVE obese druggy Elvis and this meathead did a great disservice.

Off Topic: /QUOTE]

I am VERY EXCITE for Elden Ring. The trailer looks awesome. And yeah... that Danzig/Elvis album is terrible. The whole thing just sounds like complete shit. The performances, the production, everything. Its pointless.

Reactions: dorian gray
I've been wanting to have Old Man Danzig discussions and finally an actual boomer thread happened so here I'm is.
Since I'm an overthinking music-listening geek, here's my top 20 Danzig songs ranked:

1. Bodies
2. Long Way Back From Hell
3. Devil's Plaything
4. Going Down to Die
5. Crawl Across Your Killing Floor
6. Tired of Being Alive
7. Snakes of Christ
8. The Hunter
9. Not of This World
10. Mother
11. When the Dying Calls
12. 777
13. Thirteen
14. Skull Forrest
15. Dead Inside
16. NetherBound
17. Firemass
18. Killer Wolf
19. Black Laden Crown
20. Black Angel, White Angel

Their older albums deliver the top faves, but the later albums are consistent with some great tracks too. For most favourite bands I've only ranked 10-15 songs. I can probably push my ranking of Metallica songs to 20 but might get some heads scratching by picking lotsa stuff from Reload over material from their first 3 albums.

Hell yeah, now we're boomertalkin' ('bout love).

Okay here's my Top 20 in almost specific order:

Cantspeak
I Don't Mind the Pain
Bodies
Godless
Ashes
When Death Had No Name
Mother
Long Way Back From Hell
Warlok
Thirteen
Crawl Across Your Killing Floor
Anything
Evil Thing
Tired of Being Alive
Little Whip
Snakes of Christ
She Rides
Black Angel, White Angel
I Luciferi
On a Wicked Night

I should make that a mixtape with proper flow.

Reactions: Bloopy
Hell yeah, now we're boomertalkin' ('bout love).

Okay here's my Top 20 in almost specific order:

Cantspeak
I Don't Mind the Pain
Bodies
Godless
Ashes
When Death Had No Name
Mother
Long Way Back From Hell
Warlok
Thirteen
Crawl Across Your Killing Floor
Anything
Evil Thing
Tired of Being Alive
Little Whip
Snakes of Christ
She Rides
Black Angel, White Angel
I Luciferi
On a Wicked Night

I should make that a mixtape with proper flow.
Nice list with an interesting top 6. I listened to them in reverse order to get the NAD countdown. I've rarely ever cared about playlist flow. I dig the way things stand out when you hear them next to something completely different, eg. old 1950s songs next to 15 min drone/stoner metal tracks or some other extremity.

Flow is paramount when I make a mixtape. If I'm doing a Top X list flow doesn't matter, but when I'm assembling something for someone to listen to, I can pick out 25 songs within 5 minutes but it takes me an hour to cull it down to 10 and then order things to my exacting standards. I do include juxtaposition* as well though, since it can be so much fun.

Almost every mixtape I've ever made follows this pattern:

1. intro song with "beginning" style keyboards or a hook that won't quit
2. something even bigger sounding, so louder and/or faster
3. dial things back and give it some depth, maybe not a ballad but usually a 5 minute song
4. a theme develops and this track will have movements instead of verse/chorus
5. this is where the long song goes, usually a 10+ minute epic
6. this is where the quiet/moody song goes
7. BAM the 2 minute thrash-o-rama
8. catchy song that harkens back to track 1 or 2
9. *something unexpected that maybe doesn't perfectly fit the mood
10. Raining Blood (or similar "ending" song)

Fade to Black
Wherever I May Roam
Harvester of Sorrow
Blackened
One
MOP
Battery
Outlaw Torn
The Four Horsemen
Sanitarium
Leper Messiah
Low Man's Lyric
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Creeping Death
Dyer's Eve
To Live is to Die
Loverman Cover
No Leaf Clover
Bleeding Me
The Unnamed Feeling

Jumble of thoughts in brief:

Top 20, compiled with little thought in under 5 mins. Tried to get up to one song per album in there as well. AJFA heavy, since thats my fave shit. Black Album kind of fuggin sucks when ye look back upon it. Too radio friendly. Shitheads shouldve just took the best songs from both loads and made a killer rock album without filler. Also thoroughly enjoy the vibe of the Unnamed Feeling evem though it sounds like shit. They had some decent ideas on that album for a very rough demo. Has more energy than the last shit they put out that is lifeless af. Havent even bothered with latest and I was a teenage fanboy, go figure.

Pfft

Man. I would ignore anything post AJFA except maybe Of Wolf and Man, Through the Never and Dont Trwad on Me

And yeah, not enough KIA and too much AJFA.

And am I the only one who loves The Thing That Should Not Be? Lovecraftian up the ass.

@Bloopy Make a Metallica list please

Boomertallica is go. Can never have too much AJFA. Nearly included the whole friggin' thing in my wonky list:

1. Harvester of Sorrow
2. Blackened
3. Where the Wild Things Are
4. ...And Justice for All
5. Eye of the Beholder
6. Fixxxer
7. To Live Is to Die
8. Commando (Ramones cover)
9. The Outlaw Torn
10. Turn the Page (Bob Seger cover)
11. One
12. Low Man's Lyric
13. Dyers Eve
14. Fight Fire With Fire
15. Ride the Lightning
16. Battery
17. Devil's Dance
18. The Four Horsemen
19. The Call of Ktulu
20. Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

Honourable mentions: The God That Failed, The Shortest Straw, No Remorse

Black Album kind of fuggin sucks when ye look back upon it. Too radio friendly. Shitheads shouldve just took the best songs from both loads and made a killer rock album without filler.
Yeah, The Black Album just doesn't have the overly long and brooding songs to nutrify my brain. Can't agree on the Loads though as they'd have cut the wrong songs, certainly some of the longer ones from our lists. I usually listen to this version of Outlaw Torn without a minute cut out.

Reactions: Reign in Acai
the only boomertallica songs i like are no leaf clover, until it sleeps, turn the page, and the memory remains

oh and "moth into flame" from the latest one is surprisingly good, probably the only truly solid song they've made since the loads

spit out the bone has some good parts but a distinct riff-tape feel that most new metallica suffers from imo, it's just random shit pasted together