New Alexi instructional dvd?

sleeper666

MetalMutha
Jul 14, 2007
Suomi on mun kohtaloni
from Blabbermouth today:

CHILDREN OF BODOM Frontman Performs METALLICA, GUNS N' ROSES Covers In Connecticut - Jan. 11, 2010
CHILDREN OF BODOM guitarist/vocalist Alexi Laiho joined the cover band LIPLOK on stage this past Friday night (January 8) at Z's Cafe in New Haven, Connecticut to perform a few cover songs, including GUNS N' ROSES' "Sweet Child O' Mine" and METALLICA's "Enter Sandman".

Laiho attended the show with John McCarthy of Rock House, the leader in music instruction, after spending the day working on Alexi's forthcoming instructional DVD.

LIPLOK features Kevin Lawless on vocals, Glenn Celentano on bass, Geoff Permisson on drums and Mike Winters guesting on bass for "Sweet Child O Mine".

thanks for the news, sleeper =)

I found this video on youtube
Alexi performs enter sandman

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It wasn't that bad... I just hope there's a lil more variety. More of their older stuff. It was probably a little bit of an issue with the last one because they wanted backing tracks for everything, which meant they needed the masters for all the old cds too. You think?

Either way, I'm stoked.

Edit:

Taken from the rockhouse website.

1/8/2010 - Alexi Laiho Back at Rock House New Instructional Products in The Works
Rock House instructor and Children of Bodom front man Alexi Laiho is back at Rock House this week to work on new instructional products. The new products are a follow up to his 2008 Rock House release, the popular and award winning programs Metal Guitar: Melodic Speed, Shred & Heavy Riffs, which won the prestigious Music & Sound Retailer Award for Best Instructional DVD of 2008 and has been the best selling guitar instructional DVD for 2008 & 2009. Check out more behind the scenes photos and video.

For pics and a short video.

^ It wasn't that bad... I just hope there's a lil more variety. More of their older stuff. It was probably a little bit of an issue with the last one because they wanted backing tracks for everything, which meant they needed the masters for all the old cds too. You think?

Either way, I'm stoked.

Edit:

Taken from the rockhouse website.

1/8/2010 - Alexi Laiho Back at Rock House New Instructional Products in The Works
Rock House instructor and Children of Bodom front man Alexi Laiho is back at Rock House this week to work on new instructional products. The new products are a follow up to his 2008 Rock House release, the popular and award winning programs Metal Guitar: Melodic Speed, Shred & Heavy Riffs, which won the prestigious Music & Sound Retailer Award for Best Instructional DVD of 2008 and has been the best selling guitar instructional DVD for 2008 & 2009. Check out more behind the scenes photos and video.

For pics and a short video.
I'm saddened by the puppet moment at the end :(

That was decent playing by him. That B minor thing was spot on! I will get it when it comes out, looking forward to it.

i dont know wheter to buy alexis rockhouse dvds, mab dvds or fretboard autopsy.. im looking for good technique builders and the correct theory-shit.

Thats awesome I just wish I knew about the show Friday.... would have been cool to see him play some other material.

behind the scenes..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-IoGgV1jk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ-IoGgV1jk[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great news thanks for it and for the vidz !! i hope he'll be more involved in this one. anyway i'd certainly buy it as i already have the others and this one can only be better.

hey Alexi is using EVH 5150 III :D
Alexi%20at%20Palace%202.jpg

Judging from all the pictures I'm pretty sure that EVH isn't in use. But he's not using the KKJCM either.

He was using a rack setup.

Judging from all the pictures I'm pretty sure that EVH isn't in use. But he's not using the KKJCM either.

He was using a rack setup.

Look at them again. His rack setup (btw looks like he's using an ADA MP1 now instead of the GP1000) isn't micced, but the EVH head is, and in the pic linked to the thread you can see a cable coming from the EVH to where he's sitting and has the pedals. Check on the RockHouse link, you can go to a wider gallery on their FB (no need to add them) and you'll see the pics there.