New Alexi instructional dvd?

Well that's not HIS guitar, so chances are, that's NOT his equipment either. They've built him a custom set in the studio for one DVD, I'm sure they've got some kit lying around for him to play through.

Im pretty sure that those are his guitars, at least the white one. It's probably one he keeps in the US since he uses it for most things shot there when he's not on tour (like the new EMG videos and such)

As far as the amps go, Mitch is probably right, and they were just using what was there.

That said, I wonder if his rig will change at all with the new album.

But it's one of those ghey USA "don't want to offend anyone" shapes. He never uses those live and only EVER appears with one on instructional DVD's. But at the end of the day, there is no proof!

Well, he did use it for that NAMM jam thing he did with George Lynch two years ago. And for the thing recently where he played Battery at the Chi Cheng Benefit concert. And probably at least a few other times that I can't remember or don't know of.

I used to dislike the shape, but not so much anymore.

He used this guitar for all instructional videos since he's endorsed by ESP (except the last DVD) and about the shape... I'm pretty sure that I've seen him playing a USA blacky the first time on shows?

But it's one of those ghey USA "don't want to offend anyone" shapes. He never uses those live and only EVER appears with one on instructional DVD's. But at the end of the day, there is no proof!
I too think the original rr shape looks better but why should it offend anyone? :lol:

pics from their facebook album:
22337_240840539756_844119756_3008463_8192542_n.jpg

22337_240840524756_844119756_3008462_5960228_n.jpg

22337_240840589756_844119756_3008468_4689571_n.jpg

I enjoyed the last Rockhouse DVD, but I did notice the differences between the original album versions. I hope this DVD contains a variety of songs; the last one basically just spammed Are You Dead Yet?

Also; notice Alexi's badass Saw VI T-shirt :p

Actually he does carry that one on tour too, I'll try to look for the pic for you, because I have a couple IIRC. Maybe now that he has Blacky, Pink Sawtooth, Alexi FIN, Arrowhead, Sawtooth and Scythe he has enough "real shaped" guitars and doesn't carry that one anymore on tours, but at least till he got the last couple of guitars he has been carrying it around the white one. And in the Saattue album guest solo he did he used that one too and that wasn't anything ESP related. Plus beeing an ESP endorsee I'd say it's pretty safe to asume he's been given both top line models (black and white) even if he just uses them every now and then and mostly for promo stuff.

He used this guitar for all instructional videos since he's endorsed by ESP (except the last DVD) and about the shape... I'm pretty sure that I've seen him playing a USA blacky the first time on shows?

Nope, since he started using the blacky he's always used real shaped. The USA version didn't come after at least half a year after Alexi was given his, and his is the "normal rr" shape. I mean, if you find a pic I'll have to take it back, but as a constant visitor of the pics thread I've seen A LOT of pics of him with the Blacky and it's always been the standard shaped one.

Well I've spoken to Joe through YouTube once about people posting vids of the 2008 takes. Joe is one awesome guy!

Listen I appreciate what you are saying, but the point you are missing is you don't own the material.. end of story and it totally does hurt Alexi because this is how he makes his living.

We're not some big corporate entity, we're a small company just trying to put out real good products that help people. You can check out our video on our you tube channel to see who we are. We work out of our houses. I honestly don't see why you would have a problem with us trying to earn money off a business that we risked everything to start, John and I have family's that we support.

We work hard, we give a great value in our product, we NEVER rip anyone off and without question our products are head and shoulders above anything out there.

Here is what I will do, because i don't want to cause an ill will, I just want you understand, yes it does hurt us and yes it does hurt Alexi and we are passionate about our. products. You do ahead and keep it up there and I will send you any two other Rock House DVDs that you want, free, my treat. Just if you are going to post our stuff, tell all your friends who play about Rock House.

Does that Sound fair?

Joe

He only got confused about me, thinking I was the guy posting the video but then again, come on how awesome is he for that? I think they really do this properly, and they indeed have familys to support.
I might just send him an email about the 2 free DVD's he offered, and ask for the 2 new dvd's he is bringing out as I didn't want to get into his KIND offer.

But, to the topic, I knew this was coming aswell..

Now I'm not trying to be an ass but I think he has a point about the youtube videos with their work in it, I wouldn't like people for doing that. Yes, I do sometimes pirate alswell, I'm no holy man but if I like shit it will be paid for and I will buy it.

Anyhow, I knew this was coming because he told me back then (just before october 2009 :p) they were busy with Alexi and getting everything set, negotiating and such and now they probably have most stuff recorded, which is awesome! :headbang:

Oh, this isn't spam but come on you guys don't you think they're awesome for both this off and for the lessons they provide us? You can't complain about service if you ask me, and I haven't even bought any of their stuff yet! :headbang:

I know for a fact Alexi has separate US and Europe gear because bodom's US management contacted me last summer inquiring about buying my GP-1000 as a backup for the U.S. Rig!

But who cares its an instructional video, My guess is that they just provided the equipment for him and he really doesn't give a shit as long as it sounds good

Dude finally! some COB news :)
I downloaded (sorry) the 2 dvd's because I heard they weren't good. I'd be fucking pissed if I spent money on them. This one looks good, Alexi looks more alive. Hopefully some more album variety. Behind the scenes looks good but they should let Alexi do his own thing. Im thinkin the guitar is his and is kept in the US (like someone said before) cus he used it for the EMG video, or its a coinsodence. This looks good, I think i'll buy it. Alexi seems to have improved somehow, more like the old days. I know how cliche that sounds but its my personal opinion

Dude finally! some COB news :)
I downloaded (sorry) the 2 dvd's because I heard they weren't good. I'd be fucking pissed if I spent money on them. This one looks good, Alexi looks more alive. Hopefully some more album variety. Behind the scenes looks good but they should let Alexi do his own thing. Im thinkin the guitar is his and is kept in the US (like someone said before) cus he used it for the EMG video, or its a coinsodence. This looks good, I think i'll buy it. Alexi seems to have improved somehow, more like the old days. I know how cliche that sounds but its my personal opinion

Meh.. Alexi doesn't play better then he used to IMO, but the people saying he got worse are wrong.. He just cares less live I think because in the EMG video he sounds cleaner then on Stockholm Knockout Live..

And he played better at Tuska '03 IMO.. :lol::loco:

does anyone know where i can download the 'rock house guitar method with alexi laiho' coz ive had a look around stores in melbourne but i cant fucking find 'em so im turning to downloading...