New Alterna-Forum now open!

Siren said:
i'm not gonna join, too much fuss registering and stuff. so is it like everyone will move there and this forum will slowly die or what? ;)
if this forum remains accessible for no more than 10 hours a day, it will probably die away. and i will however suggest to the band to move the official board elsewhere at some point if things here don't change for the better. our new place seems like a good alternative, should that be the case.

I'm so there.
I go by the name arkkimaagi there tho.
hmmm, salamurhaaja and arkkimaagi, I gotta stop reading
fantasy books :p

@Salamy: what does your other nickname mean.

JackhammerRape said:
to you perhaps...

still...

wanna take the red pill ;)
Okay... is it an aprhrodisiaca? (sp) then? Those are cool.

i fell for it. i'm a sheep. baaaaaa

sheeeeeep.jpg

rahvin said:
if this forum remains accessible for no more than 10 hours a day, it will probably die away. and i will however suggest to the band to move the official board elsewhere at some point if things here don't change for the better. our new place seems like a good alternative, should that be the case.
Well, i'll stick to whatever they choose to be their official board anyway.
I just hope that people who post on both boards won't mix things up rendering this board unreadable for the rest of us.
And let's not forget that this place does have some advantages for the band (ie exposure).

Siren said:
Well, i'll stick to whatever they choose to be their official board anyway.
indeed. as of now, the other board has no relation whatsoever with dt, except for the fact that the users who have registered in the past two days all come from ultimatemetal, and mostly from this board.
i do not endorse any kind of "parallel" or "unofficial" dt forum, for the record, so your intentions are completely supported.

I just hope that people who post on both boards won't mix things up rendering this board unreadable for the rest of us.
this board is often considered unreadable for a number of references to supposedly "behind-the-scenes" action (??) and clique-ish inner jokes. i'm pretty sure having yet another external place of refuge won't mess things up more than they already are.

And let's not forget that this place does have some advantages for the band (ie exposure).
definitely. again, my point was not being stuck to this place if it's always down. no one ever suggested leaving for the sake of it, and the band and i are well aware of the advantages of this forum.

There's no way I'm going back to Ezboard, as long as there is an alternative to that. So, you won't be seeing me there, unless UM disappears completely. Nevertheless, have fun there, all of you. In the end I believe the existence of an alternative board will do more good than bad for this community.

-Villain

To Wolfman von Jones (or Warwick or any other good chefs on this forum): I'm trying to make bagna calda just like the restaurant I went to last month. The way the restaurant had it, they had the entire garlic in the bagna calda (baugna cauda). I want to know how you could get the garlic into a soft form. The garlic they prepared wasn't hard at all, but very soft and edible.

me neither. i guess it's all pretty redundant and really only of use if there are severe downtimes. but honestly it's just a bugger checking two forums instead of one.

I have now registered at 'the other place' as alter ego. Had to potter about for a while since there by some strange reason was an other account with the same mail address ( o_O ) but I found out it was an old account from the time I needed some advice for [geek] Baldur's gate 2 [/geek] :eek:

Btw, am I the only one that rarely has problems with DEs? :confused: I get a DE once a week at average.

i haven't had any for quite a long time. then again, i don't subscribe to ALL threads in the boards and don't check it 24/7 (*peeks at rahvin*). i think the modem users generally have more hassles with it, simply because the database itself takes its time to respond and then all that data has to get through the small bottleneck. simply more time for a timeout than on a good internet connection.