New Amaranthe Single "The Nexus"

orcslayr23

Jan 30, 2008
CT, USA
The single is officially released overseas, but us poor sods in the USA have to wait till tomorrow to get it:erk:. You can hear a preview at the below link:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/The-Nexus/dp/B00B33UMV0/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1359125777&s=dmusic&sr=1-8[/ame]

Sounds pretty good to me. They also released a music video which (of course) can't be viewed in the USA. I'm sure someone else will upload it in a USA-friendly format sooner or later...

f the single is available on iTunes, I think you may be able to purchase it if you change your iTunes settings to have your "home" store based out of an European country.

I did that (switched to Japan) so that I could purchase the Andre Matos disc when it came out in Japan (much earlier) last year. It was a bit pricier (I think it came to $22), but worth it. :)

Why people waste money with this kind of childish video? is effective? sell more cds?

great band, great song!!!

I like the video. There's nothing more boring than another metal video of another metal band standing up in a dark room, playing, pretending they're on stage?

I love the new song!

Sure musically it is a little smilar to their last album, but it totally fulfills the sounds I want from this band.

I love it too. I say stick with what works!!! How many times do bands put out a great cd then change their style and all their fans hate it?? I can't wait for this album.

Why people waste money with this kind of childish video? is effective? sell more cds?
That is not a low budget video...considering it's not their first time working with Patric Ullaeus on that style of video, something tells me that the band and their management saw enough results from last time to justify doing it again.

As far as it being childish...most metal music videos aren't exactly a great moment in cinematic artistry. They're generall the band playing in a warehouse, the band playing in a field/nature, or some sort of low budget pseudo-plot to fit the song. There are exceptions, yes, but this genre isn't known for great music videos to begin with.

I like the video. There's nothing more boring than another metal video of another metal band standing up in a dark room, playing, pretending they're on stage?

Maybe I'm different. For me is all about the music...

Stage/Band/DONE!!!!

wants "fancy" - Evergrey - A Touch of Blessing

"Video Game" like video - Come on!!!

A "high" budget well done video - Nightwish - Storytime

That is not a low budget video...considering it's not their first time working with Patric Ullaeus on that style of video, something tells me that the band and their management saw enough results from last time to justify doing it again.

As far as it being childish...most metal music videos aren't exactly a great moment in cinematic artistry. They're generall the band playing in a warehouse, the band playing in a field/nature, or some sort of low budget pseudo-plot to fit the song. There are exceptions, yes, but this genre isn't known for great music videos to begin with.

for me is: keep it simple if you want to be treated like an adult.

At the age of the high-speed internet, spotify, etc? you want to change your style and be appealing for another type of audience(cable music channels)

But cable music channels these days aren't really relevant, are they? I don't think anyone sits at home and watches videos on cable tv anymore...

for me is: keep it simple if you want to be treated like an adult.
For my tastes, I actually agree with you...however, my tastes aren't what sells records. For example, Primordial keeps it simple, Amaranthe does not. Different bands, different goals, and different sales numbers.

No disrespect whatsoever to Primordial, I love them and the way they carry themselves, but Amaranthe wants to sell records and is going to carry themselves in a way that maximizes that. People have bitched about them for a variety of reasons (too poppy, not serious enough, using Elize to sell the music) and will continue to do so, but I'm not even an Amaranthe fan and I can tell that their strategy is working.

I love it too. I say stick with what works!!! How many times do bands put out a great cd then change their style and all their fans hate it?? I can't wait for this album.

I agree that the band shouldn't make a huge stylistic change, but at the same time, i'd like them to take a few risks on this next album. Taking musical risks is how a band develops rather than just stagnating and continuously churning out the same album over and over.

love the song, the video is great and keeps the vibe of their previous video for Hunger, it's totally fun and the band doesn't take themselves seriously: A+

I agree that the band shouldn't make a huge stylistic change, but at the same time, i'd like them to take a few risks on this next album. Taking musical risks is how a band develops rather than just stagnating and continuously churning out the same album over and over.

Yeah, I think we need to keep in mind that this really is album number two. If they still sound exactly like this on album four there is a problem. But a slow evolution of the sound that drew most people to them is ok in my book.