New Amaranthe Single "The Nexus"

Bottom line: they're still one of the "hottest" bands in the scene.

Hunger was one of the best selling debuts in Spinefarm history. Their Euro tour with Stratovarius is a co-headline tour (yes, already at that level). Their US booking agent in North America is the same agent of artists such as Metallica, Meshuggah, Billy Joel, Linkin Park, Volbeat, Rush, Stone Temple Pilots. Rumor is that they'll be on a very popular tour package in the country in the second semester.

Like it or not, Amaranthe is not going away anytime soon. And their music is executed flawlessly. It breaks the typical boundaries of metal, which, let's be fair... is exactly what metal needs.

Agree on all counts. I think i can guess which tour package they will be a part of. Perhaps an opportunity for Elize to do some..ahem..background/duet vocals with the headliner? :D

I like Elize's vocals a lot, but that's because she has a musical theater style voice. But then, she did start out in the theater. And I'm a huge fan of musical theater actors/actresses fronting metal bands.

Maybe she does better in a theater type setting, and while she can sing, I just don't think she's on par with a lot of other vocalists of notoriety. She's very just above average imo, and maybe that's just the nature of Amaranthe's song structure. The big draw for me to this band is 3 distinct singing styles.

That's the great thing, is that no one singer wears out their welcome. I actually think the two clean vocalists are more than capable of holding up a whole project as the sole vocalist, the problem is that Jake is already doing that in Dreamland and they aren't setting the world on fire, and Elize isn't likely to outshine the current top female metal vocalists on her own. Amaranthe is the perfect vehicle for them and hopefully they don't get any ideas later on if Amaranthe becomes really successful and try to strike out on their own.

Agree on all counts. I think i can guess which tour package they will be a part of. Perhaps an opportunity for Elize to do some..ahem..background/duet vocals with the headliner? :D

I really dig Kamelot. But I would not be surprised if Amaranthe leaps over them and opens for a much bigger headliner the next time they are in the states--bigger venues, wider audience. Frankly, they are well-suited to land in the mainstream here.

I predict Volbeat-level acceptance and bookings.

Amaranthe makes the music I wish had been around when I was 16.

Listening to Amaranthe reminds me of being 16.

I enjoyed being 16.

Ergo: I really enjoy Amaranthe.

Pretty people performing solid music with a poppy catchy rhythm, and actually have pretty decent harmonies. Since I saw 2 of the 3 vocalist live with a completely different band who shall not be named but it rhymes with Spamalot... I know they can ACTUALLY sing, and this is not autotuned...

Yeah, I dig it, and will purchase this album at first opportunity. And Elize in a white body sock only has 12% bearing on this decision.