New Amorphis album

I believe Amorphis should release an exclusive companion EP on a 10 inch vinyl
that has all of the Circle bonus tracks.

They are so strong and amazing.

NB should definitely publish a cd or something with ALL the bonus tracks/b-sides, I would surely buy it, I'd love to have His Story and New Song (just to mention a few) on a physical format.

New Song

In the light, light of the fire
Blaze of my life flame
I watch the sunrise

I watch the moon, it's passing by
I watch the sparkling stars
Lights of the sky

Sing me a new song
Sing the ancient warriors' song
On this cliff, on the seashore
I am born again

I hear the waves of time
I hear the questions and answers of tide
I hear the voice, voice of your soul
I listen to you, I reach for you

This is the shared moment
Of the living and the dead
Of all ages and times

The sun rises
The moon rides
The stars sown across the sky

My Future

I was invited upon this shore
Where the past meets the future
So it found me
So it reached my mind
Helped me find the way
That leads to [the] right place

I heard the call
I knew the form
It reached my mind
On this timeless shore
I heard the call
I knew the form
I ran no more from what I can't escape

This is our moment
This is the past
This is our moment
This is our future

The unimaginative title notwithstanding, New Song has pretty much my favorite lyrics of the whole album.

My Future is on YT.
The intro sounds to me like a cross between I Of Crimson Blood and something of Skyforger.
Not a bad song, but nothing special. Deserves to be a bonus. Okay, maybe instead of Wanderer... :p

Edit: Listening for the third time, changing my opinion. Good stuff. Should've been on the album.

Edit2: I am an idiot, My Future is fucking awesome.

It needs a few spins, but it's worth each of them. ;)

Definitely.

I think I'm on the 6-7th spin now. Each time, there is something new. Bit by bit, but it's really a rich song. Great one.

I would love to hear something like this more.

Which only brings my hate for NB to the surface...

I think I'm on the 6-7th spin now. Each time, there is something new. Bit by bit, but it's really a rich song. Great one.
Definitely one of their most progressive recent songs. I caught up with it a bit quicker because I'm quite used to prog, but it's so refreshing to hear an Amorphis song like this it shouldn't wear off anytime soon ;)

Definitely one of their most progressive recent songs. I caught up with it a bit quicker because I'm quite used to prog, but it's so refreshing to hear an Amorphis song like this it shouldn't wear off anytime soon ;)

You could say I know a thing or two about prog, not much, but still, this one surprised me. Not because I'm not used to it, but simply because I wasn't expecting this from Amorphis - not on this album, at least. But the song really blew me away.

Now I want to hear the rest of the bonus stuff. Ah, YouTube, be a friend...

As a friend of mine nicely said it, Amorphis should one day release a CD with all their bonus stuff - and acoustic versions, if I may add - that would be a killer.

As a friend of mine nicely said it, Amorphis should one day release a CD with all their bonus stuff - and acoustic versions, if I may add - that would be a killer.

You are SO right. More than anything I am waiting for an EP (or something like that) which includes the acoustic versions from spring/summer 2012.

More than anything I am waiting for an EP (or something like that) which includes the acoustic versions from spring/summer 2012.

Same here! That kind of acoustic EP would be really nice. Those gigs proved that the songs have lots of power even when they're arranged (semi)acoustic versions. Brother Moon sounded quite merry. :D

I would bet money on NB releasing the bonus tracks in some collective form.
I would see a special 'Tour' edition of Circle coming in 6-12 months, with all the various bonus tracks thrown together on on a 'bonus' disc.
Maybe some live tracks too.

That Tour Edition does sound like something we can expect to see, rather than a separate EP that wouldn't force people to buy the album itself a second time.

Now I want to hear the rest of the bonus stuff. Ah, YouTube, be a friend...

(my favorite if I have to pick one, but they probably figured that with this one and Narrow Path somewhat similar in style, one of them had to go...) and here's (more prog for ya, but this time with a brutal edge - this one might be called a "classic" Amo bonus track in the vein of Sign)

Last edited by a moderator:
I was listening some 'Far From The Sun', and realized that the solo of Shades of Grey really reminds me of the melody in Days of Your Beliefs.

Or my ears suck.