New amp day (axe-fx) Pics inside

Sora01

how do mix ¯\(°_o)/¯
Oct 7, 2008
Aberdeen
Hey guys. so my axe fx came in the post today... :D :kickass: i took a picture story.

DSC00614.jpg

ooooh, let see what in here.

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00617.jpg

oooooh nice...wait...whats that down the right hand side!

DSC00619.jpg

CHOCOLATES! LINDT! nice! Thanks g66!

DSC00620.jpg

sure looks nice

DSC00621.jpg

:)

Oh and i done a reaaaal quick clip with it, like five minutes setting up the axe fx. the preset crystal echoes and a setup i made using the ts808->fas mod-> german 4x12 cab was used. never messed around with the eqing and stuff, a little post processing but not loads.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=885159&songID=7343257

:headbang: woop

Yup, sounds like a djenty Axe-Fx tone, which is to say good for the style, but of little use to me in deciding whether I'd want one! +1 to Cyanide's request :D

:D

Melodeath? give me an example of a melodeath band, ill try get a similar tone and make a clip.

Nice. I got a box of chocolates too when i got mine. Kept the girlfriend quiet for a few hours while i got to mess with the Axe-fx :D

G66 are a great company to deal with though - highly recomended

Nice clip too - especially for a first clip. Theres so much to tweak in there in takes ages to be able to get it to do what you want (im still not there) but downloading presets from the Axe-change web site is a great starting point.

For reference - here was my first clip with it 5 mins out of the box. It was the first backing track i could find and i thought a boosted Marshall tone should be one of the easiest to dial in :D (By the way, you HAVE to download the editor software and get a MIDI-sport or something. Makes tweaking so much easier)

The 4 Horsemen - playing is a little off as i couldnt hear the first track while i was recording the second, and like i said, it was just a rough test clip for myself really so i didnt bother fixing it or doing any post processing.

http://www.mp3lizard.com/download.cfm?id=26687

:D

Melodeath? give me an example of a melodeath band, ill try get a similar tone and make a clip.

Well you know, just some straight ahead driving power chords and riffing, with a few third harmonies thrown in there, a la In Flames

Basically, pull Clayman tone, then the non-djenty dudes will be impressed! (apart from Marcus) :)

gratz on the purchase though. As long as the unit does what you want it, that's great. Nice songwriting on the little clip too.

Nice man! I really one of those buggers! There are a couple of REALLY nice clips over at the Rig-Talk forum. A Diezel clip and another "Brown Sound" clip. Really impressive indeed. I'm digging yours as well. I'd like to hear it on it's own after you have tweaked it some more. These really seem like indespensible studio and live tools.

-Joe

Just as an aside... do these units use normal linear impulse responses for cabinet emulation, or do they do some sort of proprietary distortion/saturation/non-linearity emulation as well?

That I could not help you with, but I do know that you can load your own impulses, but regular ones like we use need to be converted or some jazz.

-Joe

alright, ill try get a clayman sort of tone when i get some time to record a clip, right now i have band practice ahaha :kickass:

Ok i had a quick go at it, 45 mins of learning the song roughly and then programming drums roughly, setting up axe fx roughly and yeah you get the jist

But heres how i got on trying to replicate it...im sure many of you could do ALOT better with one of these than i can. and i suck at mixing.

Heres the test, short 30 second sort of clip, song off of clayman, kudos for anyone who knows what it is :kickass:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=885159&songID=7346239

Fuck yeah As the Future Repeats Today! One of my favorites on the album. Good, but still got that semi-djenty characteristic (reminds me of the clips of the Engl Invader I've heard), and it seems like the guitars themselves are pumping from too much compression, though that might be on the whole mix. Good playing though dude, and it's sweet, but still sounds like a digital gizmo to me (part of which I'm sure is the limitations of the impulse tech). Now, if you were to plug it into a power amp and a Mesa cab and then mic it up, I might change my tune :D

yeah its the compressor on the master bus, didnt spend long on it, just preset, no compression on the guitars themselfes, a little eqing, i used the bogner uberschall model on the axe fx with a stock cab 4x12 GERMAN i think its called, its my faverioute, nice mid range, i think the djentyness aspect is still there because of my playing style, cant really help it, most stuff i play through now sounds a bit djenty.

Ugh I ALMOST bought one of these and didn't because I really can't justify spending that much money on a piece of gear I don't actually need but fuck that thing has so much potential... Part of me wants to buy one soon because I'm afraid they are going to be commanding $2500 once the general public really knows about them...