New amp DAY!!!!

greyskull

Mar 22, 2006
Just got a 1985 (thats as old as me!!!) Jcm 800 2205

Goddamm this thing is awesome.... when its working, slightly dodgy at the mo, needs a trip to marshall.
but check it out!

IMG_0115.jpg

CLIPS COMING VERY VERY VERY SOON:headbang:

you'll fucking love that amp, I'm sure! I have a 2204 from 85ish and it's a beast! saved a lot of my mixes cause it really fills up the midrange better than any amp pretty much. Have fun!

wow.

also wow that you can just drop by the marshall factory and drop off an amp for fixing!?! for some reason, I didn't expect that.

I used to have a 50 watter, but I actually don't know what the model number was, I just know it sounded awesome. it needed a pedal and with that it became VERY noisy, but it was nice.

one of the preamp valves keeps popping out i think, and causes the amp to sound like you've got your finger on the end of guitar lead!

Just lasted a whole day of being cranked and a band practice though... we'll see!!

It sounded great with the whole band, cut right through a dual rec with the 800's volume on one!
Christ this thing is loud... and awesome!

playing with this thing has also made me realise that
A) I was using too much gain before,
B) Not all amps NEED a tubescreamer in front of it

Haha indeed! Again I can't stress how ace this amp is! Such a wicked mid range! It's a perfect partner to a dual rec or 5150.
Only problem I have now it's fixed is it being so godamn loud!

just picked up the same but a 100watt version, love it so far but am having a hard time getting a treble and prres mix...they are soo touchy. what have your settings been so far? Also I have the 1960a matching cab and want to hear this through some V30's, any difference in tone?

I love my jcm 800 2204 from '82. ( white tolex LTD Ed finish) Sounds class on so many different types of projects. I don't use it live much anymore but it records so well. A couple of the bands I've had in to record have gone crazy over it and offered me very nice money for it but I can't part with it!