New amp in progress. Check it.

Wolfeman

I Prefer EL-34s. So What?
Feb 21, 2006
Cleveland
So for those of you who don't have my company 'liked' on FB, I'm here to tell you about my new project.

It's going to be called the 'Maverick'. (another missile name to follow my current theme)

2 channel amp, since I keep getting emails begging for something with a clean channel. The clean also has a grit setting to get you into 'plexi' type territory. The high gain channel is based off a popular design, but with many tweaks so it is in no way a direct clone.

I'm working to keep the price around the $2200 mark. Might be more, I won't know until I build one and add any additions I may come up with. The footswitch will allow you to change from channel A to B, and 'might' have a switch for the grit, I haven't decided if it's worth the extra effort. The loop will be by-passable from the footswitch as well.

Here's a teaser for you. It's missing a few things, but you'll get the idea-
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l195/wolfeman28/maverick-01.png

looking pretty good already. How accurate is the plexi sound going to be? I ask because you are throwing yourself out there to the plexi snobs out there, regardless sounds like a cool idea for a clean channel, little bit different from the norm.

looking pretty good already. How accurate is the plexi sound going to be? I ask because you are throwing yourself out there to the plexi snobs out there, regardless sounds like a cool idea for a clean channel, little bit different from the norm.

Won't sound the same at all. Just using the term as a guideline. I should have said 'cranked and jumped input plexi' :)