Wolfeman

I Prefer EL-34s. So What?
Feb 21, 2006
Cleveland
Pretty neat eh?

SNC00190.jpg

SNC00188.jpg

SNC00189.jpg

This is to power my pedals in my rack. Each pedal gets its own transformer, so no sharing going on, which means no ground loops in the power section. The transformers are a bit over kill(1amp) but I had them laying around for amp switching/heaters so I wanted to get rid of them. I'm only wiring the 3 of them since that's all I need at the moment, I'll do the other 2 when I add more pedals.

Ok, now I can start building amps.....:kickass:

Looks pretty clean to me dude - forgive my ignorance, but what's at the end of those three cables, just a standard female power outlet? And I take it you plug it into you're power conditioner as normal? So it's basically a giant three-outlet power strip with individual transformers? Just trying to get an idea of this thing's...purpose, being the electronics neanderthal that I am :D

Its just like a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power, only much better IMO, and only cost me $40 bucks to build. The whole point of this is to isolate each pedal so you don't get ground loops, like you would when you use one power supply and multiple jacks. Very simple really, I could also have gotten one transformer with multiple secondaries to do the job, and it would have been the same, but I couldn't find one with the amps I wanted. Those three wires have standard male pedal jacks on them. And yes, I just plug the main unit into my Furman, but the beauty of this thing is that I can plug it into anything and never have to worry about it...

Quit fucking around with power supplies for whimp-ass pedals and tell me how to convert my Rev Jr. into a rackmount preamp!