New amp sim?

I have a kemper, an engl, a 5153 and a laney ironheart.....and im loving this plugin

Yeah I don't really get it either. I watched Joeys Creative Live course, and he was demonstrating guitar recording. First the guy played the riff once, and then Joey pretty much punched in for the the most of the notes, and the result was honestly sounding worse than the starting point, it sounded pretty much like a midi. That tends to happen when you fully remove every single little "flaw" from the recording...

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftaFuFU_RVw&[/ame]

Found a demo on youtube, sounds pretty decent to be fair, though the guy doesn't mention what kinda post processing he has going on.

Vihaleipä;10970108 said:
I am pretty sure it's a real guitar DI, just edited to the hell as he always does. Just listen to the original song: http://youtu.be/8CWmsbxULVs?t=23s

OMFG it sound like shit, when edited like that!
Even vocals are autotuned to the shit... Does that band even can play their shit?

That Mark Klett demo/ review actually made me consider to buy, if it's CPU lite as is Gain Reducer.
But it really sound like Line 6 podfarm Cali Diamond, even GUI looks pretty much same.

Vihaleipä;10970138 said:
Yeah I don't really get it either. I watched Joeys Creative Live course, and he was demonstrating guitar recording. First the guy played the riff once, and then Joey pretty much punched in for the the most of the notes, and the result was honestly sounding worse than the starting point, it sounded pretty much like a midi. That tends to happen when you fully remove every single little "flaw" from the recording...

how was the creative live course? Sucks I missed it free. Is it informative?

how was the creative live course? Sucks I missed it free. Is it informative?

Yeah the CL course was pretty cool. It was pretty informative, Joey pretty much demonstrated almost everything he does, there was a lots of production info. There are some clips on the site watchable for free, and you can see all the subjects he did go through on the course if you're interested. https://www.creativelive.com/courses/studio-pass-joey-sturgis

It does sound like pod farm and it's not just only an amp sim, it's basically and EZmix-like preset sold as a VST because it includes one tubes creamer, one head, a couple microphones (cabinet IRs) and a special "tact" button which is some "secret" filtering to make it sound good right away (guessing low pass hi pass bit of low mid comp and a bit of EQ)

I think he said its gonna be full of amps in the future. I watched the CL and honestly although it is completely oriented to newbies, I picked up a few notes which could be useful for any kind of production. He is so anal about everything in preproduction. For example I am gonna do the same as him when it comes to the recording guitar : if you tape the strings before the bridge and after the nut you'll remove a lot of unwanted noises. As simple as that, using tape.

It's not gonna be 1 plugin with a bunch of amps, it's 1 rig (gate, screamer, head, cab, secret sauce, EQ, Limiter) per plugin. Somewhere on his Facebook group said that amps that aren't based off anything or any band (like Menace) will be $50 each and amps based of band's tones or "signature series" will be $65 each. Sold 100 units in like 10 days. Makin all kinds of dolla bills.