New amp

deathsion

Jul 20, 2003
Tri-Cities, WA
Visit site
went through alot of back and forth between getting this or a mesa boogie DR roadking...and decided to go this for now. Just showed up today.

engl1.jpg

engl2.jpg

i already have a 5150 II...but i'm still going to get a roadking in a few months...

Nice man! Really good sounding amp. We recorded Dragonlord's Black Wings of Destiny with that, and a Savage 120. Good amps. Hey, I see you're getting a Mesa, no Krank head as well? They're sweet too you know!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

lol..that means an even bigger rack case to build...yeah, i'll probably buy a krank down the road too. buying the cable for all of it is hell too..plus i need to save some money for a few lessons too.

Drooling... Where does one find an Engl in the USA? I've never played one and I'm dying to try one. All those Northern Euros own everyone with these suckers, and I think Fred Nordstrom uses them on pretty much everything. Let us know how you like it!

How does that amp sound with... about half as much gain? I never play with that much drive and I'm not likely to be able to try one myself anytime soon.

Jeff

That is one sweet amp. There was a dealer here in Chicago that used to carry them, and the heads were reasonably priced. But they would rape you on the matching cab. But an excellent score.