New ampsim: TSE X30

Does it happen with every knob? or maybe just the biasknob? (my first guess)

With every knob. I going to try differnt sample rates, buffers etc and gather more info. I guessing it has to do with the cpu use becouse its the same crackle that the daw makes when its running out of gas.
Cheers!

Regarding the Plus/Std switch (aka "Red Ch.Mod"), it's pressed in by default (Std setting)..

Wait... Are you sure? Because it says in the gui that default is plus mode (and it's pressed in by default like you said) and I can hear more gain (+/mkII) when it's pressed in.

I worked with the X50 last night for maybe an hour. I'll be honest, I simply loaded up my go-to Lepou's Lecto solo patch incorporating the vintage channel. It has the Mokafix Cream tube in front of it, Sir2 after lecto with a favorite impulse loaded and my favorite reverb for some ambiance. I dropped the X50 in under Lecto for tweaking and comparison to the Lecto.

Right off the bat, I was impressed how good the X50 sounds. It actually sounded quite similar to the way I have the Lecto set up, and I love my Lecto sound. It actually feels as if it has a bit more gain than the Lecto. I really enjoyed the power amp options. Onqel, I would love to see these options left in the final version, or at least the option to choose from the most popular tube choices (maybe not all the ones you already have available in the beta). It's great to know you tackled working out the poweramp section at all! I was disappointed at the gui buttons not working but I understand you're working on that. I am correct in my thinking that only the red channel is selectable and the white buttons like "bright" do not currently work?

I didn't think the CPU usage was that bad. I was a bit scared from what Onqel was saying, but it wasn't bad at all, and the selected quality settings were perfect. The X50 did not sound bad at all even on low setting. I should state though I'm using a quad core Zeon at 3.16Ghz.

All in all, I thought the X50 sounded very good so far! A world of difference from the X30 in a VERY good way. I was doing direct comparisons to the Lecto which isn't fair I know, but I wanted to know which I preferred. It's already close, but I'll hold off final judgment until the X50 is complete. At any case, the X50 is already a weapon anyone should have in their arsenal. It's just insane that LePou and Onqel are developing such high quality plug ins and donating them to the community for free. Onqel, you really deserve a major pat on the back for your efforts. I know it hasn't been easy for you. We appreciate everything that you do! Thanks!

This ampsim is sick.
Slapped it on to this demo song me and my friend are working on. Just guitars for now.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1980982/Mp3/bullshitsong x50test.mp3

I was surprised how focused the sound was already when i added the plugin to the tracks, only had to do some some quick tweaking.

badass !

Just tried the X50 alongside the X30, sounds great, might post a ghetto clip soon. Recognized the 5150 character right away ! And using the X30 on one side and the X50 on the other yields cool results too.

I have a great rig at home, but those ampsims allow me to play with 2 guitars at once (when jamming with friends or "rehearsing") with a very decent if not great tone ! So thanks Onqel for that !

@Onqel : didn't see any Paypal link on your website... (i want to donate)

@Onqel : one quick question : the current TSEX30 version is only a preamp (like the Engl e530 is) right ? I mean, if i use an impulse that has a power amp in it, it will be all good (as opposed to an ampsim that has the power amp in it) right ?

Quick mix (ultra-sloppy playing, strings older than your deceased grandma, shitty bass programming (Trilian VSTi), shitty drums programming (Superior 2), sloppy premastering, etc) using virtually the same (low cut is slightly different) PI-FREE settings for both TSE X30 et TSE X50 versions :

-TSE X30 (engl e530 preamp VST ampsim (free !!!)) + PI-FREE (engl 6L6 poweramp + marshall 412 v30 cab miked (close but a bit off centre) with sm57 + low cut sim (free !!!)), dualtracked (1 guitar (similar guitars but different tonal balance) hard-panned on each side, ampsim EQ and gain are slightly different from one side to another too), no post-EQ (you can tell :) ) :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15008135/othermixes_all/AmpsimTest_20120108v1_TSEX30-PIFREE_mix.mp3

-TSE X50 (Peavey 5150 II preampVST ampsim (free !!!)) + PI-FREE (engl 6L6 poweramp + marshall 412 v30 cab miked (close but a bit off centre) with sm57 + low cut sim (free !!!)), dualtracked (1 guitar (similar guitars but different tonal balance) hard-panned on each side, ampsim EQ and gain are slightly different from one side to another too), no post-EQ (you can tell :) ) :
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15008135/othermixes_all/AmpsimTest_20120108v1_TSEX50-PIFREE_mix.mp3

While playing guitar alone (no backing track), the TSEX50 sounds better to me, but once in a mix the TSEX30 sounded more mix-ready (even if the tone sounds a bit nasty), but i guess that has to do with the fact that my mix template was tailored for a Engl-based guitar tone, and the X50 needs some post-EQ (to clean those low-mids among others).

Dude chill with the spam. Honestly it's hard to say anything about the clips you posted. They sound kinda thin and lifeless. But that's just my opinion.

Dude chill with the spam. Honestly it's hard to say anything about the clips you posted. They sound kinda thin and lifeless. But that's just my opinion.

I posted in the relevant threads, it's no spam. Am i selling anything ? No. Should i wait for 2 days before i post in the next relevant thread so that you don't feel like it's spam ? No ! If you receive the thread update thing in your email with my 3 same posts, well i can't do anything about it sorry. Just delete the 2 emails with the same message and that's end of story, no need to get all anal about this.
As far as i know the threads i posted in are not "rate my mix" threads, they're just "equipment" kind of threads, so my posts were totally relevant (good mix or not), since i was giving MY feedback of the TSE X30 and TSE X50 plugins. I never said "OMG i did the best mix ever with those ampsims" or anything like that.

I know those mixes are far from stellar... This is my first time using my regular mix-template (drums + bass + premastering) with another guitar "rig" that my usual one, and i'm not that experienced in making a decent or even good mix quickly.
But i think it's interesting to hear other mixes (even semi-decent like mine) of those plugins, and i tend to document the shit out of things, the mix being only a minor part of my post (since i'm a ghetto mixer).

Sorry for the other people reading this, i just wanna make things clear about the "stop spamming" thing from my side (somebody else flamed me for this in the past).