New ampsim: TSE X30

Tomorrowww

fuck-yeah2.jpg

I'm really digging it, heaps.
Sounding great straight off the bat, AND SO MUCH TWEAKABILITY!
Awesome, clip should be up sometime tomorrow, pretty rough, but it'll add another example.

Sound is killer. And it works nearly perfectly in Sonar - the 'Auto' quality doesn't work (at least on playback) and I couldn't get the high quality to run for more than half a second, but it seems to work fine.

A few things:
-Changing between tubes and bias pretty dramatically alters the volume, making it quite hard to make an informed judgement on which sounds better. Not sure how easy it is to do, but making it so that the volume stays relatively the same would be a huge plus.
-I'm not a huge fan of the GUI. Instinctively I reach for the output knob on the right.. you go from the input on the left, and then go in order left to right ending with the output knob. It feels out of place on the left. Maybe that's how the real amp is, I dunno.
Also, the buttons can be hard to tell what's just been activated. Eg. the 'red ch. mod' switches between Plus and Standard.. but is Plus pushed in or pushed out? The power knob also seems to do nothing XD

A great amp but a few improvements here and there (not so much to the sound but to us getting the right sound) would make it a lot better imo.

This is too awesome. Been sitting all noon dialing in tones on DIs, and I have yet to try playing through it myself, it just sounds so immaculate. It's very focused and tight, really liking the standard red channel.

Sound is killer. And it works nearly perfectly in Sonar - the 'Auto' quality doesn't work (at least on playback) and I couldn't get the high quality to run for more than half a second, but it seems to work fine.

A few things:
-Changing between tubes and bias pretty dramatically alters the volume, making it quite hard to make an informed judgement on which sounds better. Not sure how easy it is to do, but making it so that the volume stays relatively the same would be a huge plus.
-I'm not a huge fan of the GUI. Instinctively I reach for the output knob on the right.. you go from the input on the left, and then go in order left to right ending with the output knob. It feels out of place on the left. Maybe that's how the real amp is, I dunno.
Also, the buttons can be hard to tell what's just been activated. Eg. the 'red ch. mod' switches between Plus and Standard.. but is Plus pushed in or pushed out? The power knob also seems to do nothing XD

A great amp but a few improvements here and there (not so much to the sound but to us getting the right sound) would make it a lot better imo.

Morgan:
The "bad userfriendlyness" of the GUI is the result of implementing a lot of stuff (tweaks) AFTER the main skin was done. The original plan was to just make a plain ampsim with the settings you see after you close the settings window:lol:

The Auto quality mode is not implemented yet.. but it's coming, I've implemented it in one of my other projects already..
I'm waiting with the 'normalization' of the poweramp, making a volume-envelope for 4 tubes is boring stuff and I need to know if every tube stays for the final version..

Regarding the Plus/Std switch (aka "Red Ch.Mod"), it's pressed in by default (Std setting).. Again, this is a GUI issue and hopefully I will get FrankZappa or someone else to update it.

Anyway, nice to hear someone take the time to give me some healthy feedback, it's a beta version.. Thanks Morgan :kickass:

This is plane awesome. Just tried it out quickly in EL34 tube mode and it sounds absolutely great. This is probably gonna replace the X30 for me personally in the long run. Many thanks!

this is just beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i was never a fan of x30 (maybe i didn´t know how to tweak it) but this.... it sounds great!
good job man and thanks a lot.

I have a litte issue though. When i tweak the knobs i get this crackle even if i´m in low quality.
i´m using sonar, with a quad core intel with 8gb of ram.

I have a litte issue though. When i tweak the knobs i get this crackle even if i´m in low quality.
i´m using sonar, with a quad core intel with 8gb of ram.

Does it happen with every knob? or maybe just the biasknob? (my first guess)