New Andy Sneap Interview

i don't understand why people think americans dont understand british humor, i think this guy is fuckin hillarious haha

good stuff

George seemed like a nice enough guy, but; anytime I am talking to someone and they can't stop fucking with their cell phone I want to choke them.

Andy - I love your studio man. The gear is cool, but it seems like a really nice place to do your work (the architecture has a lot of character, and based on the last video, your property looks really spacious and secluded - seriously awesome).

George seemed like a nice enough guy, but; anytime I am talking to someone and they can't stop fucking with their cell phone I want to choke them.

This is exactly why I think he's a tool. It makes him look like he didn't give a fuck. There seemed to be an awful lot of "uuuuuhhhhhh yeeeeeeaaahhh" type moments.

Sneap carries it off well though and he's showing his true geekiness talking about the SSL's :kickass:

Special thanks to Andy Snap for his time and to George Shilling for the questions.

Who's Andy Snap? :rolleyes:

btw, just out of curiosity I checked out what Sneap means from the dictionary and it said:

Sneap
Sneap, v. t. [Cf. Icel. sneypa to dishonor, disgrace, chide, but also E. snip, and snub.]

1. To check; to reprimand; to rebuke; to chide. [Obs.] --Bp. Hall.

2. To nip; to blast; to blight. [Obs.]

Biron is like an envious, sneaping frost. --Shak.

Sneap
Sneap, n. A reprimand; a rebuke. [Obs.]

My lord, I will not undergo this sneap without reply. --Shak.

Which is pretty describing to Andy :heh:

excellent interview!!
Like how you're rebelling against "laptop Metal " Andy.
I'm with you on that 100%

WTF is this?

No Pods?
No Elastic Audio?
No Copy and Pasting Verses / Choruses!

WTF Andy .... THIS IS NOT LAPTOP METAL!

;)

I just love when Andy rips shit apart and gets REAL with it. So many people just dont get it.

Really is a great fucking interview!

Thanks for sharing with us, and Tanks Andy for all your brilliant insight!

Fave part of the video, when they were talking about Bass DI's

George: Oh so you just throw eleven on it or something?
Andy: (dirty look) No Sansamp
George: (look of complete and utter WTF)

The entire thing George looked genuinely stumped at some of Andys choices. Like with Vocalists in the control room, and the monitors being loud enough for "metal"..... just amazing how some people see Metal from a distance.

I think george had some of the questions on his phone actually.

he still kinda had that WTF look when you said certain things. I just think some people have a genuine disdain toward Metal production. It kinda sucks in a way as really its not much different then say CLA doing Paramore or Wagener doing some of the stuff he has done. George just seems shocked in a way when you said "sansamp" and that vocalists and guitarists track in the control room. I mean I am not speaking in an ill way toward him, it just seemed as if he really didnt understand how it was possible.

The one thing that really struck me about the interview as a really "holy shit did Andy just say that" was when you started to talk about tracking to a click. i remember the days when you were pretty adamant toward tracking to the click. Its awesome to see how you adapt, change, and go, dare I say, "back to basics". Your body of work is always improving and there is something on every CD in the last 7 years or so that is really very "Sneap" yet there are also things that are really surprising and I say, wow thats a different approach for Andy.

I for one really enjoy reading seeing your interviews just to get a glimpse into that melon on top of your neck ...lol There is always something that surprises me and your cheeky humor is always great.

i think its time we all invest in another crate or 2 of Raisin Bran Crunch just to say thanks again for all the insight and humor :)

Thanks Again Andy :headbang: