New Angel Dust stinks!

It seems that others share in my dissapointment over the new album. What is it with 13th Angel saying to listen to it more times? ProgMetal doesn't like it! Come on you fools! Who can blame anyone for not liking it. Like I have said, it is obvious that a change in a guitarist is a change in the band. In fact, there is no greater change from an individual member than the guitarist. We see Ritchie transmuting the band into a more intense thrash induced but melodicless sound. What was once perhaps the perfect combination of agressions and melodies has been offset and now the noise dominates. This is what I have already posted, and I dont think much has changed since that time. Yeah Bernd is gone, live with it, I have learned to. Now the true question is what the AD fans will do about it. Will you turn from a band that carved a fascinating new style of prog metal, or will you conform mindlessly as if your mentality was directly influenced by the bands private choices. I have seen this one too many times, where a band shifts its direction and the fans are in denial hoping for a better tommorow. Well, I have never seen one turn around yet, so you tell me where the odds are? This band has changed, and it will continue on its path with or without its fans. Why? Did the band confer with fans when they booted out Bernd? NO! Like all bands it is about personal feelings and likewise bullcrap. I read an interview where Bernd stated that he found out his dismissal from the Web Page! Come on! Its as if the band conspired behind his back to replace him! For what reason? Only one thing is sure now, Bernd is gone and so is Angel Dust. This "new sound" is not AD, but something else which has a different name. They should change their band name or live up to it! I have said before I dont care about Ritchie, I know him not, but I know that his influence is negative. I have heard the album many times, and I hate it. In fact, I destroyed it in a fit of rage, who will join me? Ah, I forgot, we are dealing with those like 13th Angel who are blind to vexations, and ultimately ignorant to a need to move on. Am I disloyal? Hell yes! This band show the same disloyalty when they fired Bernd, so now the tables have turned. There reason, personality conflicts. My reason, the same.

PS: I like the new band pictures with their beanies and what not, it's as if change in sound wasn't enough. Goodnight...

As stated by Last Angel -

"I have said before I dont care about Ritchie, I know him not, but I know that his influence is negative. I have heard the album many times, and I hate it. In fact, I destroyed it in a fit of rage, who will join me?"

Response: It sounds like you have some pent up anger. Ever thought about leading a cult?

"What was once perhaps the perfect combination of agressions and melodies has been offset and now the noise dominates. This is what I have already posted, and I dont think much has changed since that time."

Response: What are you talking about? You don't think much has changed since what time? They have only written one album. The best is yet to come. Have you seen a live performance? It doesn't sound like it.

"I have seen this one too many times, where a band shifts its direction and the fans are in denial hoping for a better tommorow."

Response: That is a ridiculous statement. It happens all the time. The fans aren't in denial - they are just expressing their opinion. How can you expect so much without giving them a chance to find their nitch. Dude, Ritchie just joined the band it's not like they have been together for years like with Bernd. You expect why too much too soon.

"This band has changed, and it will continue on its path with or without its fans. Why? Did the band confer with fans when they booted out Bernd? NO!"

Response: This band has underwent changes before and give done just fine with or without some of the "fans". Why should the band ask the fans if they should "boot" out a member? That is ridiculous. Do the fans ask the band if they can listen to other music by other bands. No, that too would be ridiculous. These guys are 5 musicians that love to play & perform. Not eveyone will like the music and that is ok because there will be others hearing it for the first time and will love it. Give them some credit. It's not all about you and the other "Bernd fans", instead it is about the band members and the true AD fans.

"I read an interview where Bernd stated that he found out his dismissal from the Web Page! Come on! Its as if the band conspired behind his back to replace him!"

Response: Bernd knew what was going on way before anything was said outside the band. I guarantee that no conspiracies where going on - this can be confirmed by any one of the guys including Bernd. I say this as an insider to AD, not someone just reading interviews and forming one sided opinions. It's been said many time, you can't always believe what you read.

"Only one thing is sure now, Bernd is gone and so is Angel Dust. This "new sound" is not AD, but something else which has a different name. They should change their band name or live up to it!"

Response: So I guess what you are saying is you are a BERND Fan instead of an Angel Dust Fan. What about the other guys in the band - do they not get any credit for previous albums? Bernd didn't do all this by himself. It was alot of hard work and it was a group effort.

"This band show the same disloyalty when they fired Bernd, so now the tables have turned. There reason, personality conflicts. My reason, the same. "

Response: First of all, Bernd wasn't fired. It was a mutual agreement. Personality conflicts? You know the band Angel Dust , you know nothing about Dirk, Steven, Banx, Assy & Ritchie as individuals. How can you have personality conflicts if you don't know someone from other than what you read?

I guess you best said it yourself....

"Am I disloyal? Hell yes!"

That says it all!

Originally posted by Angel Duster
As stated by Last Angel -

"I have said before I dont care about Ritchie, I know him not, but I know that his influence is negative. I have heard the album many times, and I hate it. In fact, I destroyed it in a fit of rage, who will join me?"

Response: It sounds like you have some pent up anger. Ever thought about leading a cult?

"What was once perhaps the perfect combination of agressions and melodies has been offset and now the noise dominates. This is what I have already posted, and I dont think much has changed since that time."

Response: What are you talking about? You don't think much has changed since what time? They have only written one album. The best is yet to come. Have you seen a live performance? It doesn't sound like it.

"I have seen this one too many times, where a band shifts its direction and the fans are in denial hoping for a better tommorow."

Response: That is a ridiculous statement. It happens all the time. The fans aren't in denial - they are just expressing their opinion. How can you expect so much without giving them a chance to find their nitch. Dude, Ritchie just joined the band it's not like they have been together for years like with Bernd. You expect why too much too soon.

"This band has changed, and it will continue on its path with or without its fans. Why? Did the band confer with fans when they booted out Bernd? NO!"

Response: This band has underwent changes before and give done just fine with or without some of the "fans". Why should the band ask the fans if they should "boot" out a member? That is ridiculous. Do the fans ask the band if they can listen to other music by other bands. No, that too would be ridiculous. These guys are 5 musicians that love to play & perform. Not eveyone will like the music and that is ok because there will be others hearing it for the first time and will love it. Give them some credit. It's not all about you and the other "Bernd fans", instead it is about the band members and the true AD fans.

"I read an interview where Bernd stated that he found out his dismissal from the Web Page! Come on! Its as if the band conspired behind his back to replace him!"

Response: Bernd knew what was going on way before anything was said outside the band. I guarantee that no conspiracies where going on - this can be confirmed by any one of the guys including Bernd. I say this as an insider to AD, not someone just reading interviews and forming one sided opinions. It's been said many time, you can't always believe what you read.

"Only one thing is sure now, Bernd is gone and so is Angel Dust. This "new sound" is not AD, but something else which has a different name. They should change their band name or live up to it!"

Response: So I guess what you are saying is you are a BERND Fan instead of an Angel Dust Fan. What about the other guys in the band - do they not get any credit for previous albums? Bernd didn't do all this by himself. It was alot of hard work and it was a group effort.

"This band show the same disloyalty when they fired Bernd, so now the tables have turned. There reason, personality conflicts. My reason, the same. "

Response: First of all, Bernd wasn't fired. It was a mutual agreement. Personality conflicts? You know the band Angel Dust , you know nothing about Dirk, Steven, Banx, Assy & Ritchie as individuals. How can you have personality conflicts if you don't know someone from other than what you read?

I guess you best said it yourself....

"Am I disloyal? Hell yes!"

That says it all!

Thanks Angel Duster :)
Wished to be able to answer earlier, but the accident kept me of the net for quite some days..... :cry:

As you already stated, Bernd wasn't fired!

@ Last Angel, one thing for sure you forgot, Angel Dust's old roots, shows me obviously how much you know about the band... !!!
I'm glad, I'm NOT as narrowly as you are...
I prefer to be open mined and give everyone a fair chance.

I think its quite unfair to to sy no band have lost members and never turned around or developed a better style.... Iced Earth, In flames, Megadeth, MotorHead, Testament, etc, many bands lost and replaced mebers and got only better....... how many Iced Earth fans are clamoring for the return of John Greely? I personally like the harder sound Ritchie brings to the band, and to me, OHB isnt all that different from say "Let Me Live" and "Cross of Hatred"..... so so i jsut see them focusing on those types of songs alot more. AD Forever!
:worship: :Spam: :dopey:

Border Of Reality has an special meaning for me, so it will always be the #1 Angel Dust for me, but I love all others as well, in a different way...

Originally posted by RidingtheSnake
OHB isnt all that different from say "Let Me Live" and "Cross of Hatred"..... so so i jsut see them focusing on those types of songs alot more. AD Forever!
:worship: :Spam: :dopey:

Oh, come on! Nothing on OHB approaches the emotional force and majestic melodies of "Let Me Live" or especially the brilliant "Cross Of Hatred". It doesn't matter what direction Angel Dust takes... the bottom line is the quality of the songwriting... and unfortunately the songwriting was absolutely dreadful on the new album.

If you hate the new cd so much why do you even bother to come here??......Just so you can flame someone who likes it???why don't you write some songs for them, then maybe the song writing will be more to your liking!!:mad: ....by the way I do like cross of hatred and let me live very much........

Why do I come here?

Well, duh... maybe it's because Angel Dust is one of my favorite bands... despite their latest crappy album... Not liking one album by a band should not prevent someone from posting at a band's forum... we can't all be sheep.

It's always predictably the same kind of battle, and I wish nothing I said would be interpreted as a Bernd fan/Angel Dust fan sort of thing. I like the new album a lot. And yet, the way the band is developing does alarm me. The melodies have become too obvious, too straightforward. As much as I admire Unreal Soul, Freedom Awaits, Inhuman, and especially the very beautiful ballads Disbeliever and The Cultman, they aren't nearly as subtle as many of the songs they did on Enlighten the Darkness, Bleed or Border of Reality (Fly Away, Cross of Hatred, Surrender, Behind the Mirror, Where the Wind Blows, to name just a few). The continuity on Of Human Bondage is problematic - it is more of a collection of disparate songs than a continuous concept/theme album that Enlighten the Darkness was. If it's because of Bernd that I hear this difference, then I guess he contributed a lot to the typical Angel Dust sound, so it did change a lot with his departure - it's not like there is an axiom that says every member contribues exactly 20% to the sound of their band; obviously whoever is writing most music defines some fundamental direction of the sound. There is no reason to despise it or throw it out of the window, but the new album did lose some of the more epic kind of magic the band had in the past, and I can only hope they will revert back to it the next time around.

Hehe, I bet 13th angel will be very happy to have another fan of OHB here.......
Anyway, no matter what kind of Metal you're usually into, there are always some gems to be discovered in other genres :headbang: