New Anthrax Record

I'll tell you something. I listened to the both bootlegs recorded in Chicago and Irvine. I agree with you only in ONE thing: Nelson's voice is more powerful but nothing more. He sings some songs (especially the Bush era ones) like a drunkard and he's totally out of tune in "singing parts" (e.g. Safe Home). His singing is too aggressive and his voice isn't as so 'flexible' as some Anthrax songs need. A powerful voice doesn't guarantee a success... I'm not and never will be a Nelson's fan. :Smug:

Wow! Totally didn't see that one coming...:rolleyes:

I hope you won't need to excuse his shady live performance by nervosity for next 10 years...

Retard6.jpg

I'll tell you something. I listened to the both bootlegs recorded in Chicago and Irvine. I agree with you only in ONE thing: Nelson's voice is more powerful but nothing more. He sings some songs (especially the Bush era ones) like a drunkard and he's totally out of tune in "singing parts" (e.g. Safe Home). His singing is too aggressive and his voice isn't as so 'flexible' as some Anthrax songs need. A powerful voice doesn't guarantee a success... I'm not and never will be a Nelson's fan. :Smug:

seriously dude, I was against the reunion just like you were. Give the guy a chance.

I gave John a chance after my initial reaction of who the fuck is this guy, when I heard SOWN, and then Anthrax eventially became my all time favorite band instead of just a band I really like a lot.

Now I'm not saying Dan will have that type of impact, I'm even going to say that the album and new version of 'thrax is going to be any good, but give the guy a chance.

For Pete's sake he went from being some no name singer, to being the frontman for Anthrax and opening up for Iron Freaking Maiden overnight.

Lets hear the new album before we make statements like "I am not and never will be" a fan.

thats all I'm saying.

Give the guy a chance.

To give him a chance in what? That he will work hard to extend his vocal range to sing songs like Safe Home, Metal Thrasing Mad etc.? I think it's useless. My prediction is: the band will gradually drop songs from their setlist that Nelson is weak in (Safe Home, Metal Thrashing Mad, A.I.R., etc.) and replace them with others that he is able to sing without difficulties (Room 4 1 More, Revolution Screams...). What is more, the grower a vocalist is, the harder he is able to reach higher notes - to be fair, John Bush is not an exception.
Dan Nelson was born for bands like Pantera, Machine Head etc, not for Anthrax which is too "melodious" for him. That's my point. If you think otherwise, worship him, scream his name aloud or whatever you want.
If he works hard after all and he proves I was wrong, I'm every ready to say: "Dan Nelson rules!"

So he does sound like Bush meets Anselmo.......is that bad?!?! Hello no......saw Anthrax a few weeks ago, and Dan was awesome! :saint:
th_MEDAN-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

So he does sound like Bush meets Anselmo.......is that bad?!?! Hello no......saw Anthrax a few weeks ago, and Dan was awesome! :saint:
th_MEDAN-1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What a lucky guy Nelson is in that pic!

Seriously though, I'm one of the first ones to usually bash Anthrax, I pretty much hated all their Bush era albums except SOWN, but I think Dan is great. He really does sound like John Bush on steroids, I just don't understand how anyone can not like this guy.

i think hes a cool dude talked to him on myspace a bit and like his vocals n yeah hes got a bush/anselmo voice but i agree that isnt a bad thing lol there like my two favorite singers along with bon scott n layne staley n i think the new songs own didnt like vampires at first got into it now nice n dark has a wcfya vibe

I have had Fight in my head all damn weekend, and i just wanted to waylay into something and totally destroy it listening to that song. I just bought a house and i spent a good part of today outside cleaning up old yard debris. that will have to suffice till i get to higher order destruction like removing all the brick and regrouting it. .HeH.

Tonight i had to shave a corner on the man card a little bit, i have been hanging blinds and curtain rods for my wife so we block out the sun a bit. Even though my big ass could stand in the windows and do it just the same lol...but hey there are other things to do in life.

I set up the blow up pool for the kiddies, I broke out chainsaw and eletric hedgeclippers, and mulched a ton of crap into a finely shredded lettuce to get recycled.

Back to my boring life :)

and to Jack from Czech ,,, i am sending you Preperation H. The Yanks here understand why :)

I think the proof will come with new studio material, not just Dan singing existing songs live.

When a singer replaces another, it is inevitable that direct comparisons will be made, and if the outgoing singer is popular, the comparisons are almost definitely going to be unfavourable, no matter how good the new guy is - just because he isn't the old guy!

As a singer, it must be difficult to take songs that are written in a key that suited someone else's voice and someone else's phrasing and make them your own. Of course a talented enough singer can go some way to pulling it off, but I don't think you can beat someone up for not sounding 100% like another person. Dan is Dan, and we won't see what his own style is properly until we hear the album.

I am looking forward to it. If it sucks, hey I still have SOWN through to WCFYA to keep me happy. If the next Anthrax album is great, then that's a bonus!

So, jackofffromczech hates the new singer...big surprise.:rolleyes: Jack is like a jilted ex-girlfriend when it comes to Anthrax these days. Nothing they do is ever right in his eyes. It didn't really matter who joined the band, Jack would have hated anybody equally.

Wouldn't it be easier to just walk away rather than continue torturing yourself, crying about John Bush leaving? I love John's voice too, but I'll be damned if I'm going to condemn Dan just because he's not someone else.

Of course now I'll be accused of being a rascist bully for picking on poor Jack...fuck it, who cares? Nothing new.

Oh one more thing I meant to mention:

Back when Anthrax were still considering their next move, they were at one point going to record with Corey Taylor on vocals, but I think that idea got nixed due to contractual issues on his side. Does anyone else think that Dan Nelson has an essence of the Corey Taylor style in his voice?

I personally really wanted to hear Anthrax with Taylor, as I think he has a fine singing voice as well as that throaty, gutteral Death Metally/ shouty Anselmo-y thing. But yeah, I think Dan's voice is, if not identical by any stretch of the imagination, in a similar ball park.

Oh great, another good poster is gone. Won't be long before they close this board all together.