New Anubis Gate - Covered in Black

Really looking forward to this one. Need to go back and listen to the last 2 discs since it has been awhile since I have listened to them.

Brand

New Serious Black Double CD is out the week before. May as well order them both despite the fact that there are probably 30 disks sitting on my shelf still in wrappers. Jesus. Maybe they get resold as new sometime this fall.

I have appr. 150 new and unlistened CDs on the shelf. My wife is calling me bad things everytime I order something new.

I have planned to not buy and new stuff for 2017 but Anubis Gate will be the exception of this rule. One of my absolute favorite bands.

Got this one and for the first time I DO NOT LIKE an Anubis Gate cd. This is a dark and frantic sounding disc. Everyone does a fine
job on this but the melodies are not immediate here. Nothing wrong with this disc at all - I just prefer more melodic music as I get older. This kind of reminds me of the way I feel about the newest Pyramaze disc. Very well done - just prefer a more melodic version of the band. I will spend more time with this one to see if something opens up for me. Vocals are fantastic - sound is awesome - just not clicking with me.

Well, I won't be attending another ProgPower. Ever. So the vendors room will be just another thing to miss. One good thing about giving up that show, it DOES reduce the number of CDs I buy each year...

Sorry to hear that bro. I'm hoping the decision was by choice if you know what I mean. Anyway glad you're still on the forum here. With almost everyone moving over to Facebook its getting sort of vacant here.

They're on a hell of a hot streak lately, and this press release has me super excited for the new one.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=135976
Biggest disappointment A G related: Torben leaving. Second biggest: this album. Every band has to have a best disk and a worse, I guess. This one misses the mark, because it really sounds like they are trying too hard. To do what, I have no idea...and that is probably the other big problem with the disk; it is supposed to have a cohesive "message" but that message is murky. This one will not make it into the monster CD jukebox.
NorseBlood: it does not really matter why I no longer go; nothing all that much matters anymore. Hopefully my not being there opens a ticket sale for someone who can truly appreciate the show, the bands, and the atmosphere. PP should not be wasted on those who cannot appreciate the experience.

Biggest disappointment A G related: Torben leaving. Second biggest: this album. Every band has to have a best disk and a worse, I guess. This one misses the mark, because it really sounds like they are trying too hard. To do what, I have no idea...and that is probably the other big problem with the disk; it is supposed to have a cohesive "message" but that message is murky. This one will not make it into the monster CD jukebox.
NorseBlood: it does not really matter why I no longer go; nothing all that much matters anymore. Hopefully my not being there opens a ticket sale for someone who can truly appreciate the show, the bands, and the atmosphere. PP should not be wasted on those who cannot appreciate the experience.
To each their own. I think it's great and a most worthy successor to the last couple.

Torben was the worst part of AG. The vocalists that followed made me actually like the bad.