New Apogee captured IR pack

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
You will know my IRs if you use TSE X50. The TMS ones are mine.
My new Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt is pretty amazing so I have made a new IR pack using the reamp out of the apogee to 6505 rtn to cab to 57 to API mic pre to Apogee line in. IRs are completely raw so will require post processing.
6505 settings were resonance 6.5 and presence 8.

Cabs are
Mesa Rectifier OS 4x12 cab with V30s. Pretty much the standard metal cab.
Marshall MF400. This cab is the same size as the recto oversize cab but has Celestion K100 speakers. Apparently used for a lot of Opeth stuff.
Harley Benton 2x12 cab. Got this unloaded from a guy who bought it to get the V30s out of it. I put in a pair of Celestion v60s which I had from an old ENGL cab. Surprising good sounding cab that only cost me €50.
In the folder you will also see suggested EQ settings for each IR. Use these or ignore them :)

Test using Behemoth cover from Sneap forum practice room thread.
3 cabs in order: Recto, MF400, HB2x12
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2133088/TMS_APogee_IR_Test_Recto_MF400_HB212.mp3

IR pack:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2133088/TMS_Apogee_Impulse_Pack.zip

As always my impulses are free so please spread the word and give my studio FB a like.

Ok, so I finally played around with these IRs last night. Damn, holy crap, these are some of the most full sounding IRs I've ever heard, you are a king amongst men!

I only used it for a little yesterday, and didn't use the EQ sheets included yet but the HB2x12 was sitting best for me. Just glancing over the eq sheets, some more subtle cuts on it. I like the MF400, can see it being used for nailing that sound but overall the HB was my pick.

Thanks so much for doing this. Your ear for cab micing and awesome new interface make using impulses seem like less of a compromise. Gonna give these some jam time this weekend.

Thanks.
Which was your favourite and did you try the suggested EQ settings?

I have not tried them in a full mix yet, so no I have not tried the suggested EQ settings, yet.

But with TSE and recab I tried it out with my guitars and the MF400 is sick for rhythms and the HB is epic for leads.