New IR pack JST Conquer All

mickrich

Aug 2, 2007
I have done an IR pack in collaboration with Joey Sturgis.
Contains Marshall 6100 and Peavey 6505 power amps into Rectifer and Marshall V30 cabs.
SM57, MD421, M201 and E906 mics. API and NV73 (Neve clone) preamps all through Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt.
Also has Bass amp IRs through Warwick Tubepath 5 and Peavey 410 cab.
All IRs are included as raw and mix ready.
Check it out :)
http://joeysturgistones.com/products/conquer-all

Reactions: Ericlingus
congrats man. I've been a fan of your IRs for a while now. This pack is way better than the other one Joey Sturgis was a part of. That pack sucked big time. I recently got this new one but so far I like it. Maybe some mixed IRs could be added in the future instead of just a single mic for each IR? Also what EQ was added to the IRs? Is it just a High/Low pass? What role did Joey Sturgis play in this pack?

Thanks.
This pack is designed for combining mics.
Everything is in phase :)
Suppose you want to go for the classic mix of 57 and 421 on the rectifier cab, but you like the presence of the m201 on the Marshall cab. That's no problem, they will all sum perfectly in phase.
It includes the raw impulses, straight off the mic as well as the "mix ready" ones.
The mix ready ones have high and low pass and a couple of cuts to shrillness and low mid mud.
If you are used to fitting guitars into a mix, the raw ones will suit you better, but if you want instant gratification the mix ready will get you there faster.
I worked with joey and his team over a few weeks on this, sending loads of versions back and forth until we were all happy with the final result. The feedback from the guys who were testing and preparing the demos has been overwhelmingly positive.
I have made lots of impulses before but these are the best I have made.
Spending a lot of time and my new apogee ensemble tb have made a big difference.
I even went through 5 different sm57s to find the best one. It's amazing how different they all sounded.

awesome
Thanks.
This pack is designed for combining mics.
Everything is in phase :)
Suppose you want to go for the classic mix of 57 and 421 on the rectifier cab, but you like the presence of the m201 on the Marshall cab. That's no problem, they will all sum perfectly in phase.
It includes the raw impulses, straight off the mic as well as the "mix ready" ones.
The mix ready ones have high and low pass and a couple of cuts to shrillness and low mid mud.
If you are used to fitting guitars into a mix, the raw ones will suit you better, but if you want instant gratification the mix ready will get you there faster.
I worked with joey and his team over a few weeks on this, sending loads of versions back and forth until we were all happy with the final result. The feedback from the guys who were testing and preparing the demos has been overwhelmingly positive.
I have made lots of impulses before but these are the best I have made.
Spending a lot of time and my new apogee ensemble tb have made a big difference.
I even went through 5 different sm57s to find the best one. It's amazing how different they all sounded.

Awesome man. Congrats again. After using these some more I have to say I'm a big fan of them. They blow the other "JTW" IR pack out of the water. Definitely some of the best IRs around. It would be cool in the future if you made some with a more neutral power amp like Ownhammer does. It would be cool to hear the difference. Either way I'm happy with these and glad I bought them. I could just make a multi mic version of these IRs myself but just importing the different IR wavs into cubase and then exporting them into a single wav file.

I dont doubt that this might be a great pack but man the video is very poor for advertisement.

This is a pack right? Various impulses? I just hear one impulse at a very low tuning and without any lead playing.

I've noticed the IR length is significantly shorter (2048) on the recto 6505 57 API (raw) than any of the others which are 21981 in length. This is all according to TSE X50 v2.4

I've noticed the IR length is significantly shorter (2048) on the recto 6505 57 API (raw) than any of the others which are 21981 in length. This is all according to TSE X50 v2.4

Every IR is the same size (67KB)
Just checked in X50 v2.4 and they are all the same.
at the bottom right of the waveform display there are 2 boxes, one says mono and the other is the IR length.
Click on the IR length box and select max. All the IRs should be 21981 length.

well that's interesting. Maybe it was just a glitch or something. I'll try it again and see what happens.

hmm just checked the file size on the raw 6505 57 API and it was 8.08kb instead of 65.1kb like all the others.

Edit: I re downloaded and extracted the pack and they are all the same 65.1kb in length now. Not sure what happened before but glad it's fine now. This is definitely one of best IR packs out there!

hmm just checked the file size on the raw 6505 57 API and it was 8.08kb instead of 65.1kb like all the others.

Edit: I re downloaded and extracted the pack and they are all the same 65.1kb in length now. Not sure what happened before but glad it's fine now. This is definitely one of best IR packs out there!
Great. I was onto Joey and he suggested doing exactly that :)
Delighted that you are enjoying the pack.

Cool.
Did you use the raw or mixed versions?
Also, any post EQ ?
Basically, how much work did it take to get a good sound?
I used the mixed ones. And it didn't take much. I cut out some harsh frequencies at 3kHz-4kHz and put the guitars on a bus with a bus comp and multi-band. But I maybe spent 5-10 minutes in that test.

Reactions: mickrich