New ARCH ENEMY Tuesday? Whattaya think???

tedvanfrehley

Your Favorite Uncle
May 28, 2003
the bluegrass state
Visit site
Who knows anything about the new ARCH ENEMY?!?!? I really like those guys. Anthems of Rebellion is about as brutal an album as I can stand...but I love the grooves on it...I will probably get this one! Anybody heard anything???

Samples from various samplers...
They will be on Fuse's Metal Asylum on Tuesday Night.
I will Tivo that for sure. I will be getting my copy in the morning..
Century Media is sending a review copy, but frankly I just can't wait!
Also new video will primier on Fuse, I'd love to see them, but to do that you'd have to go to OZZfest...
}:v{>

From what I heard from it it is a damn good album and the shredding guitars are back! Still I have the impression that they are trying to go a bit more for a 'mainstream' sound. Not meaning they want to have a hit album but they do want more melodies in the vocal lines. A few more really fast song would have been nice as well.

If you can handle the vocals, as I do, in fact I love them, the album is great. I just think they are trying to broaden the death metal landscape

I ordered it, but I also downloaded it on Sunday. I've only been able to listen to it once through, but it's really good. Awesome production. Like Hawk said, it does have a more mainstream feel to it. I'm sure they'll be those fans that think it blows because of this, but I think it's huge step in the right direction.

i've had the advance copy of Doomsday Machine for a month now... it's good, but I can't get into angela's voice... i already have Otep, do i really need another chick growling at me? LOL

Platinum Maze said:
I ordered it, but I also downloaded it on Sunday. I've only been able to listen to it once through, but it's really good. Awesome production. Like Hawk said, it does have a more mainstream feel to it. I'm sure they'll be those fans that think it blows because of this, but I think it's huge step in the right direction.

I can hear it now, "they sold out."
I can wait to hear the record...

sixxswine said:
Angela smashes OTEP, in fact they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence...:tickled:

Don't know what Otep is, but I agree with Zombie chicks growling are a worst vibe than male growlers. I can't stand Arch Enemy or Holy Moses, nor anything near it.

Good , very good music...bad, very bad vocals...just can't get into the growling thing, as much as I try, just doesn't work for me..

found this in the Nevermore thread....thought you'd get a kick out of it....

by Brian @ 27 Jul 2005 10:27 am
"Well I got Doomsday yesterday and it ROCKS!!!! It made me feel alot better after listening to the shity new Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor. I used to love Nevermore, and now its shit. But you guys get better and better. Angela and Anders, the best vox in melodic death metals, and live I really enjoy looking at Angela, but Anders, na, no thanks."

This is what a Nevermore fan changed to:
by Brian @ 27 Jul 2005 10:27 am
"Well I got Doomsday yesterday and it ROCKS!!!! It made me feel alot better after listening to the shity new Nevermore - This Godless Endeavor. I used to love Nevermore, All the Amazing musicianship and wellcrafted songwriting now I think that kind of solid songwriting is shit. But you guys get better and better at writing generic songs. Angela and Anders, the best vox in melodic death metals, Angela sounds like a Lizard from the show V and live I really enjoy looking at Anders, but Angela, na, no thanks. Women scare me, while men are really attractive."