New audition, listen up.

BastardSonOfGod said:
Wow... you are saying that Meshuggah is not technical... just try to play something of Chaosphere or Contradiction Collapse... I think that you don't understand the music of Meshuggah... His drummer is very technical, the guitar player use an amazing 8 strings guitar, so he use unusual chords... and thrash doesn't means Speed music... Not all the songs of Slayer are full speed...

Hmm, they just add some freaky effects. their music is just to fucked up for me. And why use a 8-string when 6 is enough. no one can be creative to even use it to its maximum.

Technical riff and slow rhytm dont just fit toghether. Its like the mouse would eat the cat if u know what i mean?
Technical bands like Nile and Necrophagist know the benefit of the word technical. When we talk about drummers i can just name one.
Krzysztof "Docent" Raczkowski R.I.P. -VADER-

Well, Thrash from its basic means fast. all songs DONT have to be that really fast but mostly they are.

Cerulean said:
Wow mister, YOU don't know what you're talking about.

I'm agree with that... Even more... I'm pretty sure that You only know one side of Meshuggah, the side that they showed in Nothing... have you listened the song "WAR"... I don't think so, If you want speed and brutallity then listen that song and you'll realize that meshuggah is more than slow ritms

BastardSonOfGod said:
I'm agree with that... Even more... I'm pretty sure that You only know one side of Meshuggah, the side that they showed in Nothing... have you listened the song "WAR"... I don't think so, If you want speed and brutallity then listen that song and you'll realize that meshuggah is more than slow ritms

Omfg, I downloaded the mp3 samples from their website. hahahahahahaha!
fucking nu-metal shit, they are best friends with Korn? I cant call that shit for music. just freaky sounds jumping around. laughable!!!!

chugga chugga chugg-chugg ploppel plopp.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,blam blam

whenever i meat someone who thinks mesuggah is music
-Let the torture begin!

Meshuggah plays mathcore, so does Coprofago. Not even close to thrash, death or nu-metal. They're not THAT technical as many people think. And yes, I like them.

Hey man... you like Coprofago!!!!... One of my favourites band :) but you said that is not very technical... I saw them in Chile a few times and believe me... is not easy to mix Jazz and Thrash... And his sound live is awesome... I have some tabs of Coprofago and is just impossible to play his songs!!!!

I was referring to Meshuggah, and clearing up that they're mathcore (in my opinion).

Again, Coprofago is mathcore/jazz, no thrash at all believe me :) and yes, their music is hard to play. Good stuff indeed.

Flal said:
mathcore........god, what genres do they come up with these days?

You even can't come up with all the genres in todays music. Few years ago there were few genres and now there are a thousands. It's shit. I only wait when will they come up with something like blahblahcore!:Spin:

hahahahaha, i was looking at a morbid angel cd and a emo-looking couple come up. The guy picks up Heretic and his girlfriend says "I didn't know you were into hardcore screamo".........i felt like shooting her then and there. Messuga is metal fair and square. I dont like them but they have talent.

breeding death said:
Omfg, I downloaded the mp3 samples from their website. hahahahahahaha!
fucking nu-metal shit, they are best friends with Korn? I cant call that shit for music. just freaky sounds jumping around. laughable!!!!

chugga chugga chugg-chugg ploppel plopp.iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii,blam blam

whenever i meat someone who thinks mesuggah is music
-Let the torture begin!

Oh, I get it, the cold weather is effecting your brain!
I think you summed it up best when you said that Meshuggah's music was too fucked up for you to understand. Past that, it's been all childish rantings.

Fast=Technical :lol:

I am totally lost now, and now there is a genre that i've never heard of.
But i had right about the thrash thing didnt I? :p

and y, its not very easy to think straight when its -40 celcius outside.
u dont know the feel of frozen balls do u? >:/

btw, i still hold my opinion about that fast riffs are more difficult to create/play and match them with the other instruments playing than slow ones.

///the frost monkey has spoken!
over n out!

DARK INFINITE said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_metal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mathcore
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Math_rock

I know Wikipedia is not 100% trustable, but believe me, I didn't make the genre up. Calling Meshuggah "metal" is just being plain and square...you're seeing everything in black and white. And they're DEFINITELY NOT Thrash...agreed?

Why is it square? I hate all these subdivisions. Why does it have to be placed in a sub genre? Sure it's original.....original metal, leave it at that. Soon we're going to have derivative-of-the-limit-of-the-square-root-of-the-fifth-interval-harmonized-second core with a little hint of physicscore. It's getting rediculous. If anything just call it tech. death.