New Avenged Sevenfold Video

Synyster is actually a pretty nice guy. I met him around 6 years ago, before they got huge and sold out. He was on stage and his Parker Fly wasn't working/crackling. I screamed, "CHANGE THE BATTERY" super loud from the second row. He ran off stage, changed it, and came back on with a thumbs up. He took some time when they were done with their set to thank me and talk to me about music, and he also signed my hat. He was a pretty tremendous guitar player back in the day-- I think he put a lot more effort in to being great and technically proficient before they started bringing in the loot.

Synyster is actually a pretty nice guy. I met him around 6 years ago, before they got huge and sold out. He was on stage and his Parker Fly wasn't working/crackling. I screamed, "CHANGE THE BATTERY" super loud from the second row. He ran off stage, changed it, and came back on with a thumbs up. He took some time when they were done with their set to thank me and talk to me about music, and he also signed my hat. He was a pretty tremendous guitar player back in the day-- I think he put a lot more effort in to being great and technically proficient before they started bringing in the loot.

i saw them many times back in the day before they were big but never met them . A few of my friends met them after I left at one show and said they were cool. He still is a really awesome guitarist IMO , I know he studied guitar at school for awhile

^lol @ CHANGE THE BATTERY!

of the 4 songs I've heard off this album, I feel like I heard them each a dozen times or more already on their previous albums. I like them, but it's kind of annoying. Had their drummer not died sadly and they stuck with their concept album idea I think it would be a LOT more interesting. An album of "A Little Piece of Heaven"s would be way better than 10 "Afterlife/Nightmare/etc"s.

I lol'd at them saying Buried Alive was like Stairway To Heaven, or "their" Stairway to Heaven.
Extremely overused A7X power chord progressions + Ride the Lightning = your very own Stairway to Heaven. But it will go at least Gold and I'll walk away with my tail between my legs, put in my place.

I actually remember two pretty funny things at Avenged shows I went to. The first funny thing was like 2003 right before the time when Shadows went for throat surgery and disappeared until re-emerging as Axl Rose lol. I was at a show in the front row going nuts singing along to Second Heartbeat, and Shadows kept passing the mic off to me for the screams , and then he would do the singing and then back lol. His voice was definitely noticeably fucked up , and I remember my friends were like "dude your screams sounded really good!" but it wasn't all me lol , I was like 17 at the time and my voice sucked then. He had some kind of crazy compression / distortion on for the screams since he couldn't do them anymore.

Another one was in 07 after the self titled came out , and Syn was playing some clean part in the middle of a song , I think it was actually something off WTF like "Remenissions" . After the clean part he forgot to switch the clean off , and started playing the rest of the songs heavy rythm with a clean channel on lol. When Shadows finally pointed it out to him they were both trying switch back for about 30 seconds , I guess something was fucked up with it

^lol @ CHANGE THE BATTERY!

of the 4 songs I've heard off this album, I feel like I heard them each a dozen times or more already on their previous albums. I like them, but it's kind of annoying. Had their drummer not died sadly and they stuck with their concept album idea I think it would be a LOT more interesting. An album of "A Little Piece of Heaven"s would be way better than 10 "Afterlife/Nightmare/etc"s.

I lol'd at them saying Buried Alive was like Stairway To Heaven, or "their" Stairway to Heaven.
Extremely overused A7X power chord progressions + Ride the Lightning = your very own Stairway to Heaven. But it will go at least Gold and I'll walk away with my tail between my legs, put in my place.

O man , no way. I really would hate if they kept going on their "adventurous" route. Playing Danny Elfman , country music etc on a metal cd is never a good idea. Honestly playing catchy generic metal is what they are best at. As for Stairway , I've always hated that song / band / classic rock in general so meh. It was stupid of him to compare anything to that though, of course a lot of people for some reason think that is like the best song ever

Quick backstory: never heard of Avenged Sevenfold. One day (when I could still work) I went to Target on my lunch break.
A CD cover caught my eye - it had some old school-ish "metal" type art work. Ended up being City of Evil. I went ahead and bought it.
Went out to my truck and put it in. Thought the music sounded really good - mix was really kewl - vocals reminded me of Cartman (Burn It Down, "I can't trust anyone!") in certain parts.
I still don't know why it makes me think of that fuggin' cartoon ... but, whatever.
Anywhooo - I brought the CD into the office, and started listening to it. Fell in love with it.
Some of their chord progressions really hit home with me - but then again, so does Xanadu:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m1UWSD-FaA]Xanadu[/ame]

So now I dig 'em.
I checked ... and I don't have a vagina where my pecker should be.
There's still a small, pitiful excuse for a pecker just hangin' out.

I went ahead and bought their new album on iTunes day before yesterday.
So far - I really dig this album.
Having Mike Portnoy on drums makes it even more worth while for me.
The mix sounds really good. To me - it sounds very commercial. Very professional. Very polished.
I'm more a fan of a raw tone / mix, but the mix on the new album works for the band (IMHO).

Ok ... so that's the story. I'm ghey. But it's time to come out of the closet to tell my virtual buddies that I like Avenged Sevenfold.

(Holy shit - that was longer than I meant for it to be!)
Take care

Scott

Quick backstory: never heard of Avenged Sevenfold. One day (when I could still work) I went to Target on my lunch break.
A CD cover caught my eye - it had some old school-ish "metal" type art work. Ended up being City of Evil. I went ahead and bought it.
Went out to my truck and put it in. Thought the music sounded really good - mix was really kewl - vocals reminded me of Cartman (Burn It Down, "I can't trust anyone!") in certain parts.
I still don't know why it makes me think of that fuggin' cartoon ... but, whatever.
Anywhooo - I brought the CD into the office, and started listening to it. Fell in love with it.
Some of their chord progressions really hit home with me - but then again, so does Xanadu:
Xanadu

So now I dig 'em.
I checked ... and I don't have a vagina where my pecker should be.
There's still a small, pitiful excuse for a pecker just hangin' out.

I went ahead and bought their new album on iTunes day before yesterday.
So far - I really dig this album.
Having Mike Portnoy on drums makes it even more worth while for me.
The mix sounds really good. To me - it sounds very commercial. Very professional. Very polished.
I'm more a fan of a raw tone / mix, but the mix on the new album works for the band (IMHO).

Ok ... so that's the story. I'm ghey. But it's time to come out of the closet to tell my virtual buddies that I like Avenged Sevenfold.

(Holy shit - that was longer than I meant for it to be!)
Take care

Scott
Haha yeah he does sound a little like Cartman sometimes. I bought the new album off amazon , but am out of town atm so I haven;t gotten to listen yet