New Avenged Sevenfold Video

I loved Waking the Fallen... one of the first metal bands I liked as a kid.

City of evil was also great... missed the screams but at least they had interesting song structures and cool vocal and guitar harmonies. Love the songs "Burn it Down" and "Trashed and Scattered" still and I went apeshit for the calypso acoustic solos at the end of "Sidewinder". I thought they were moving in a good direction...

Then, hated the last album. "Piece of Heaven" was entertaining... but the rest had nothing that really grabbed me... simple structures, simple choruses, simple playing. It just sounded lazy...

Now hearing these songs I just feel embarrassed for them. Were they fucking sleeping when they wrote this predictable tripe? At least they could write an original fucking song before.

Sorry for the cheesedness... I guess I just had high hopes for these guys and they just proved all the haters right...

I respect those who enjoy it though!
Like I've said I dig the new stuff more than the last record, but everyone else should take note that if you want to slam a band , this is the way to do it. At least he offers valid points as to why without resorting to "they are fags"

Like I've said I dig the new stuff more than the last record, but everyone else should take note that if you want to slam a band , this is the way to do it. At least he offers valid points as to why without resorting to "they are fags"

;)

thanks, I hate when people justify things by saying "...because its stupid/gay/lame", there's really no rebuttal to that...

At least with points u can disagree and say to yourself "I like the songs despite this, or I disagree" or whaatevs.

I know that I hate people needlessly slamming music I enjoy when I know they haven't actually given any listening time to it (non-metal friends bashing my metal tunes, or metal friends bashing my oldies :bah:), cause it really takes away the enjoyment of the music.

Different strokes people.

Waking the Fallen was by far my favorite. I really only liked Beast and the Harlot / the solo in Bat Country on COE

cool songs on that album, but never liked his "screams" or wtf it is anyway.

Its just a pitty, these are all skilled musicians, but they create boring music.
why the fuck copying that much from yourself? the same for Disturbed.
Finding a formula and using it ALL THE FUCKING TIME = lamer than lame.

cool songs on that album, but never liked his "screams" or wtf it is anyway.

Its just a pitty, these are all skilled musicians, but they create boring music.
why the fuck copying that much from yourself? the same for Disturbed.
Finding a formula and using it ALL THE FUCKING TIME = lamer than lame.
I will definitely say that yes his screams were not the best. He was obviously not doing it correctly , since he blew his vocals so bad he had to have surgery. Just curious though what songs are you saying they copied from themselves? I mean all their songs definitely have a sound that you can tell "that's avenged" but I've never come across a song and been like , that riff is from that other album !

Theres about a million variations on the 0-3-5-6 powerchord riffs, theres a part like that in Nightmare as well as a lot of chugging on the open to get away with the rampant chromaticism of the leads that's pretty much omnipresent.

Nightmare = Critical Acclaim imo (why change if the hitsingle can work a lot of times?^^)

esp. the intro and the verse. and all the chugging going on later is the same as in burried alive.
pisses me of a bit :lol:

Nightmare = Critical Acclaim imo (why change if the hitsingle can work a lot of times?^^)

esp. the intro and the verse. and all the chugging going on later is the same as in burried alive.
pisses me of a bit :lol:

Hmm , I guess but I like Nightmare a lot more than Critical Acclaim , that song really suffers from M Shadows 9000 word verses o_O
That guy really needs to learn to condense his lyrics , maybe take a page from Tim Lambesis. The Avenged lyrics sheet for any given album must be like a fucking tome !

But seriously if anyone here has rock band 2 , download critical acclaim and try to do those spoken word verses. It's literally impossible. You can tell they just edited like 20 takes together , there's no room to breathe ! Even Eminem would have a hard time with that verse

Hmm , I guess but I like Nightmare a lot more than Critical Acclaim , that song really suffers from M Shadows 9000 word verses o_O
That guy really needs to learn to condense his lyrics , maybe take a page from Tim Lambesis. The Avenged lyrics sheet for any given album must be like a fucking tome !

But seriously if anyone here has rock band 2 , download critical acclaim and try to do those spoken word verses. It's literally impossible. You can tell they just edited like 20 takes together , there's no room to breathe ! Even Eminem would have a hard time with that verse

I dunno man but he's always had craaazyy lung capacity. That or he's a fucking cheater in the studio. Even on the early albums he connected every fucking note when he sings without stopping for breaths.

I sang when we did a cover of Chapter 4 in highschool and I remember constantly running out of breath.

I dunno man but he's always had craaazyy lung capacity. That or he's a fucking cheater in the studio. Even on the early albums he connected every fucking note when he sings without stopping for breaths.

I sang when we did a cover of Chapter 4 in highschool and I remember constantly running out of breath.

He totally cheats. If you listen to the live version of Beast and the Harlot live , for instance , on the part right before the final chorus ,"So if you want to serve above or be a king below with us" etc he runs out of breath constantly. Even the chorus to that song is altered because he has to breathe. Not holding it against him , but he should just write shit he can actually do

Lost interest. Couldn't even pay attention for the whole song. I don't even hate the band it was just boring. Some nice little drum goodies stuck out though.

I liked their City of Evil album... it had some catchy choruses, but his vocals just get on my nerves. They are way too whiny. I haven't listened to City of Evil in a few years, and now that I try and go back and re-listen to it, I can't. It's so fucking annoying for some reason. I've tried to listen to their other albums and just can't get into them anymore. Eh whatever. To each their own. Some kids love them and think they're the greatest band ever... it's just their generation and probably the first heavy band to have inspired them. It's all subjective.

I liked their City of Evil album... it had some catchy choruses, but his vocals just get on my nerves. They are way too whiny. I haven't listened to City of Evil in a few years, and now that I try and go back and re-listen to it, I can't. It's so fucking annoying for some reason. I've tried to listen to their other albums and just can't get into them anymore. Eh whatever. To each their own. Some kids love them and think they're the greatest band ever... it's just their generation and probably the first heavy band to have inspired them. It's all subjective.

I hear ya. Definitely not my fave band and I agree that Shadows is the weakest link. But the band members come up with some cool harmonies and grooves.

He totally cheats. If you listen to the live version of Beast and the Harlot live , for instance , on the part right before the final chorus ,"So if you want to serve above or be a king below with us" etc he runs out of breath constantly. Even the chorus to that song is altered because he has to breathe. Not holding it against him , but he should just write shit he can actually do

I worked on a song these guys did for a comp a millions years ago and I have to say I was really impressed by some of the vocals takes he was pulling off in the studio. That being said, I still think the band is absolutely fucking terrible.

I worked on a song these guys did for a comp a millions years ago and I have to say I was really impressed by some of the vocals takes he was pulling off in the studio. That being said, I still think the band is absolutely fucking terrible.

hahahahaah

what compilation? Wasn't the one with the demo version of Second Heartbeat was it?

hahahahaah

what compilation? Wasn't the one with the demo version of Second Heartbeat was it?

Some Hopeless records comp, probably like 8 years ago, I can't remember what song, I just tried to look it up on allmusic, but I didn't see it. I think I do remember the song being redone on a later album, so maybe that's the one

Some Hopeless records comp, probably like 8 years ago, I can't remember what song, I just tried to look it up on allmusic, but I didn't see it. I think I do remember the song being redone on a later album, so maybe that's the one

Yep that's the one, I had this a while back. What did you do on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvVEuaRSgNk

Yep that's the one, I had this a while back. What did you do on it?

I was still pretty new at the studio, so I mostly just assisted, but I did get to track some of the leads late at night. I can't remember which guitar player it was, but he was a dick and refused to tune his guitar when I suggested it. When we came in the next morning we had to auto tune some of it, I can't remember why we didn't just re-track it

I was still pretty new at the studio, so I mostly just assisted, but I did get to track some of the leads late at night. I can't remember which guitar player it was, but he was a dick and refused to tune his guitar when I suggested it. When we came in the next morning we had to auto tune some of it, I can't remember why we didn't just re-track it

Haha it had to be "Synyster Gates" he's the lead and he seems like he might be a dick.