New axe fx recording, *warning not metal* Rock cover short clip. (s2.0)

Sora01

how do mix ¯\(°_o)/¯
Oct 7, 2008
Aberdeen
Hey guys just finished up this mix, I used the jcm800 sim for this one.

I know it's not metal, but I thought i'd just share with you guys what sort of sound I managed to get with it, The songs from beck, the anime.

www.myspace.com/bleedingskies1

The song's "darren and ross - Journey" Ross is my mate that Suggested covering the song. :Spin:

Enjoy!

highs? on the guitars? The treble was at like 9 :confused: although now i listen back, it sounds a little dark, but that's all preference right? :D

i find the best frequency for brightening guitars is around 8-9k, and i swear the knobs on guitar amps are always centered around really motherfucking stupid frequencies, so im, always brightening shit up after the fact

but DARREN WHY WASNT THIS SENT TO ME BEFORE ANYONE ELSE LIKE ALWAYS?! D:

its still sexy though
nice to see you proving the "OMG IT CAN ONLY DO THE DJENTZ" people wrong.

heehee, thanks bros!

sorry gareth! you weren't online when we made it, haha, hardly any post processing was done on the guitars.

I was even suprised how valvey sounding the jcm800 sim sounded, just like the real thing! :D

THERE WILL BE
ZERO TOLERANCE

for this kind of treason >.> hahahaha
yewww
it sounds sick tho

id say all your axe-fx recordings are some of the better recordings ive heard on hear jocke
i swear all these differences people are hearing is some glorified placebo affect or something
cos all the axe-fx shit ive heard sounds mindblowingly good

Did you do the 7.18 update? It turned the "close enough" to "pretty damn hard to hear a difference, even though I'm a tube snob". ;)

Actually I'm still on 7.01 haha, I don't have a midi interface yet! I'd love to try out the cornford sim, because i've tried a cornford in my local store, thought it sounded great!

With the 7.18 he reworked the presence and deep controls, to be more accurate to IRL amps, and not a "optimized" version of the above. Works a lot better now. Less need for an EQ, if that makes sense. I'd say update asap. ;)

And thanks a lot TheXRatedDodo (now THAT felt strange to write, haha) for the kind words. I got really butthurt earlier on, and tried like a mofo to "convince" people of the AFX awesomeness. Thank Satan that I'm a bit older and wiser now. It's only the weight thing before I'm happy. ;))

yeah and hell, even if someones getting butthurt over the fact it's a modeller, your put your money where your mouth is and post sick mixes, which is what matters at the end of the day
like that bulls on parade-esque clip, fuck yes.