New Behemoth CD - "Demigod"

Life Sucks

and then you die
Dec 30, 2002
Die bitch die!!!!!
Visit site
Have you heard it yet? It has been leaked. I've listened to it a few times, and it is pretty good, though maybe not quite as good as Zos Kia Cultus. More of the riffs are in the Middle Eastern scale than on previous CDs, which is not a bad thing, since I like the sound of such riffs. Otherwise, Behemoth have not changed their sound much at all from the last CD; they don't try to get experimental or try to play brutal death metal or anything. Demigod is definitely quite a good release by today's standards, when far too many death metal bands are playing boring brutal death.

I got the first 5 songs tonight. I thought it was pretty generic compared to Zos Kia Cvltvs. I still hold Satanica as my favorite album of theirs. They could have really made a big impact with this album considering all of the recognition they've received and touring they've done since their last album. I don't know, it just seems sort of bland compared to stuff they've done in the past.

Life Sucks said:
Demigod is definitely quite a good release by today's standards, when far too many death metal bands are playing boring brutal death.

Indeed, it's a great slab of modern death metal. Behemoth are, however, incredibly fucking brutal. I know what you mean though. :p

Yea, this CD is kickin my ass right now. I enjoy it much more than Zos, even though that is an excellent album as well.

Astral_Dominion said:
Oh fuck! I have to go and buy that goddamn album today. Can't wait...
You can't buy it yet. It won't hit stores until 2005 in the USA, and the end of 2004 in Europe. You need to download it. I have it downloaded, but I will definitely be buying it when it comes out.