New Blabbermouth new about Dan Spitz's new band.

LOAroberto

Feb 14, 2002
NJ
www.lifeofagony.com
Former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz has teamed up with YNGWIE MALMSTEEN drummer Patrik Johansson in a brand new project called WASABI. "The material is quite a bit faster and heavier than the Nicko McBrain/Dan Spitz project [SEVEN X SEVENTY]," says Spitz. "Patrik Johansson is an amazing double bass drummer of death."

In other news, Spitz has landed an endorsement deal with Paul Reed Smith Guitars. "We are almost complete with the new 'Spitzstock' modern eagle guitar," says Spitz. "It will be slung around my neck at many upcoming worldwide stages, and in the stores shortly. It is by far the most amazing guitar I have ever had the pleasure of holding in my hands."

As previously reported, the diminutive, "born-again Christian" six-stringer will be reuniting with his former bandmates — including ex-ANTHRAX singer Joey Belladonna — for several European festival appearances to mark the band's 25-year anniversary, including Dynamo Open Air (Holland), Gods of Metal (Italy) and Sweden Rock (Sweden). For the occasion ANTHRAX will appear in their classic pre-1993 lineup consisting of:

Scott Ian - Guitar
Joey Belladonna - Vocals
Frank Bello - Bass
Dan Spitz - Guitar
Charlie Benante - Drums

ANTHRAX are said to be planning a series of concerts featuring Belladonna, Spitz and Bello this summer, including an appearance at the 10th anniversary edition of Ozzfest. Sharon Osbourne is believed to have promised ANTHRAX a slot at this year's Ozzfest but only on the condition that they perform with the classic lineup that was responsible for some

LOAroberto said:
Former ANTHRAX guitarist Dan Spitz has teamed up with YNGWIE MALMSTEEN drummer Patrik Johansson in a brand new project called WASABI. "The material is quite a bit faster and heavier than the Nicko McBrain/Dan Spitz project [SEVEN X SEVENTY]," says Spitz. "Patrik Johansson is an amazing double bass drummer of death."

In other news, Spitz has landed an endorsement deal with Paul Reed Smith Guitars. "We are almost complete with the new 'Spitzstock' modern eagle guitar," says Spitz. "It will be slung around my neck at many upcoming worldwide stages, and in the stores shortly. It is by far the most amazing guitar I have ever had the pleasure of holding in my hands."

As previously reported, the diminutive, "born-again Christian" six-stringer will be reuniting with his former bandmates — including ex-ANTHRAX singer Joey Belladonna — for several European festival appearances to mark the band's 25-year anniversary, including Dynamo Open Air (Holland), Gods of Metal (Italy) and Sweden Rock (Sweden). For the occasion ANTHRAX will appear in their classic pre-1993 lineup consisting of:

Scott Ian - Guitar
Joey Belladonna - Vocals
Frank Bello - Bass
Dan Spitz - Guitar
Charlie Benante - Drums

ANTHRAX are said to be planning a series of concerts featuring Belladonna, Spitz and Bello this summer, including an appearance at the 10th anniversary edition of Ozzfest. Sharon Osbourne is believed to have promised ANTHRAX a slot at this year's Ozzfest but only on the condition that they perform with the classic lineup that was responsible for some

According to Nicko there never was a Seven X Seventy band/side project with Spitz and why the fuck would Malmsteens drummer lower himself to play with someone like Spitz. Malmsteens one of the best ever even though hes up himself.

fuelee2004 said:
According to Nicko there never was a Seven X Seventy band/side project with Spitz and why the fuck would Malmsteens drummer lower himself to play with someone like Spitz. Malmsteens one of the best ever even though hes up himself.

Incorrect, Dave Elefson denied being part of it, not Nicko. Nicko stated that he had been recording some stuff with Dan, and was looking foward to continue recording after he got off tour with Madien. But this never happened.

It continues to astound me that there is nothing mentioned on the website.

screw the anthrax website. you will get all your news quicker from Bmouth!

also wasn't spitz endorsed by Dean guitars? then didn't he sell the guitar they gave him on ebay?

Buddy_Love_Bomb said:
Incorrect, Dave Elefson denied being part of it, not Nicko. Nicko stated that he had been recording some stuff with Dan, and was looking foward to continue recording after he got off tour with Madien. But this never happened.

Ohhhh ok now when i think about it...it was Ellefson that said that. I remember you saying Buddy that Spitz played you some 7x70 demos? And what are these IM's you had with him that someone was talking about on here?