New Blind Guardian. FFFFFFFUUUUUU...

Tbh i liked ''Twist'' a wee bit more than ''Opera''. But still it's not the album that'll blow my mind.

Still... these guys never failed me, in a sense that they don't make bad albums. Their peak imo was ''Nightfall''. I do prefer ''imaginations'', but nightfall had the combination of great songs with a great concept.

I really like all of his vocals, even the ultra highs. I will admit that they may have been a bit overused on ANATO, but that album is so epic to me. I have some great memories of getting completely baked and losing myself in songs like Battlefield and And Then There Was Silence. However, I will have to agree with whoever said that Somewhere Far Beyond is my favorite. I do love Imaginations, the vocal styling on that album still gets me to this day. Its like he is just screaming at the top of his fucking lungs the whole album and its just so unique to me. I wish music still came out like that... Listening to BG you always felt the honesty and heart in the music, even if it was fantasy inspired, you just knew the shit came from a real place, its hard to explain without a bit of rambling lol.

for anyone missing the days of "Imaginations" and earlier albums, have you checked out the band Savage Circus?

I never thought anyone would be able to sound SO much like Hansi but damned if that dude doesn't. Musically its basically as if "Nightfall" and subsequent albums never happened plus its got Thomen Stauch on drums ... at least, their 1st one did

Last edited by a moderator:
Being honest - I quite like Twist - it was a grower in that it took me several listens to really appreciate it, but once it settled in I find it to be a highly addictive disc - I find my self singing random choruses from it all the time - I also use it frequently as the music I listen to while on the treadmill - I find it very good for that.

for anyone missing the days of "Imaginations" and earlier albums, have you checked out the band Savage Circus?

I never thought anyone would be able to sound SO much like Hansi but damned if that dude doesn't. Musically its basically as if "Nightfall" and subsequent albums never happened plus its got Thomen Stauch on drums ... at least, their 1st one did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQfsVkP5zAQ

Yes I heard their debut album, it was a bit too much of a blindguardian copy/paste from the imaginations era, I enjoyed listening to the album but felt like I was cheating BG or something hahaha but the singer and musicianship on it is awesome.

I love Blind Guardian, A night at the opera is my favorite, they just pushed to the fucking limit to the point where it was all about to explode, that's why I never expected the next album to be as good cause I know it was phisically impossible to get more pompous than opera. I love all the vocal, guitar and orchestral arrangements, a shame it really sounds bad live cause they can't reproduce it all, they should try playing to a backing track or something.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQfsVkP5zAQ

I'm a huge fan of Jens Carlson, the singer for Savage circus - His main band is Persuader which is also an awesome band that just keeps getting better. Another favorite that he unfortunately does not sing for anymore is the American band Dark Empire - their album "Humanity Dethroned" is one of my favorite discs.

While it is not the best produced album I find their songwriting to be very energetic and catchy as all hell.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fSpHOzv_LA&[/ame]

I love Persuader and Dark Empire, but I have a bit of a problem with Savage Circus. I hate to say it, but I wish if they were going to copy Blind Guardian, then go all out and copy them. Instead they copy Blind Guardian and throw in the elements also of Iron Saviour, and I fucking HATE Iron Saviour lol. The lyrics are really lame in my opinion. The music kicks ass for the most part, but the lyrics are like Manowar bad lol.

I don't like Savage Circus very much, it is ok, but not great. I usually hate when people leave a band to start another band that is the same...or a bad copy.
For example yesterday i was listening to the Uli Kusch's band Ride The Sky. Not bad but it is just a Masterplan ripoff. It is like a fake Rolex.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like Savage Circus very much, it is ok, but not great. I usually hate when people leave a band to start another band that is the same...or a bad copy.
For example yesterday i was listening to the Uli Kusch's band Ride The Sky. Not bad but it is just a Masterplan ripoff. It is like a fake Rolex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDoSWm2fQsE

Ride the Sky fucking sucks ....

He should have kept that Beautiful Sin band together ... THAT band was cool and wow, that chick singing is so powerful

am i the only one that thinks Tales from the Twilight World and Somewhere far Beyond are their best albums?

"Somewhere..." is their magnum opus to me.

"Imaginations" and "Nightfall" still had some cool tunes but I've never grew much accustomed to the latest two.

Yes I heard their debut album, it was a bit too much of a blindguardian copy/paste from the imaginations era, I enjoyed listening to the album but felt like I was cheating BG or something hahaha but the singer and musicianship on it is awesome.

I love Blind Guardian, A night at the opera is my favorite, they just pushed to the fucking limit to the point where it was all about to explode, that's why I never expected the next album to be as good cause I know it was phisically impossible to get more pompous than opera. I love all the vocal, guitar and orchestral arrangements, a shame it really sounds bad live cause they can't reproduce it all, they should try playing to a backing track or something.

I agree with you on the "Opera" lovin, but I think they do quite well with it live.
AFAIK they do play to a backing track live. Maybe it wasn't much in the mix when you saw them?

I agree with you on the "Opera" lovin, but I think they do quite well with it live.
AFAIK they do play to a backing track live. Maybe it wasn't much in the mix when you saw them?

haven´t seen them live, hopefully will when they hit madrid (I think it was June or something), don´t have their "Live" album but I heard a few tracks once with a friend and I didn´t hear what you would call backing tracks, I know they use a live keyboardist, and the Opera songs I heard (I remember the soulforged specifically) were missing some huge chunks of lyrics cause Hansi alone can´t do all the parts at the same time, let alone there are little to no vocal harmonies and also missing lots of guitars.

Anyways, It was just a casual listen I´m probably looking too deep into, although youtube live videos seem to prove me right on it.

I dont think I've heard Blind Guardian that heavy anytime?
...was the reason I never was too much of a fan....