Blind Guardian

They aren't one of my favorites, but they are one of the pioneers of the power metal genre. I still buy all the albums, they just rarely make my top 10 lists. I still paid to see them live in Fort Lauderdale. Good, solid band, I just think they've been surpassed by the bands that came after.

I have a question, and I hope it doesnt sound rude. Does anyone have any real hard evidence or super strong rumors as to why they think Demons and Wizards are playing? I mean I'd love to see them just as much as the next person but the fact they have a new album coming out in 05 doesnt exactly mean that they are gonna be there.

But, if they are there somehow, someway, yea Ill be throwing horns at my cpu screen in joy.

Ben

I believe I am one of the few Blind Guardian fans around that does not care for Demons And Wizards. Then again, I can't stand Iced Earth, which is probably why. The bad (in my case) outweighs the good.

Question, Ben or anyone else who can answer: Has any band ever been signed to play Progpower with only one album under their belt? I think that might be why Pyramaze is unlikely.

Circle II Circle and Redemption are two acts that I can think of off the top of my head. Also, I dont really think its how many albums that a band has released its if Glenn likes them or not. Take Mercenary and Pagans Mind, both First Breath and Infinity Divine were released on small labels and went nowhere but their soph releases took off and thats when they got booked. The reason why alot of people thought Pyramaze would be playing this year is because of how widely recieved the album was (and rightfully so).

Ben

Ah, you're right. And I'd forgotten about the fact that one of the bands signed has their debut coming out this year.

Well, it still seems possible to me. Plenty of slots still not announced yet.

At least I'd know where to find you if they played. Right up in the front.:)

TheGraveDigger said:
Their first five albums are timeless classics and even after those albums they have released some very good solid albums.

Oh....well there's a sigh of relief that there's no chance of them playing. 0_0

I doubt it will be D&W. Hansi has 3 projects he said are to be released this year. D&W2 in the spring, LOTR orchestration near the end of the year, and the next BG cd near the end of the year or start of next year.. thats a lot of work for one man, doubt he'll be touring or even playing one show with that

could pick up some guilty pleasure bands like edguy or dragonforce, but dunno how those would go over. elvenking would rock, but also probably not go over well.

bhcompy said:
I doubt it will be D&W. Hansi has 3 projects he said are to be released this year. D&W2 in the spring, LOTR orchestration near the end of the year, and the next BG cd near the end of the year or start of next year.. thats a lot of work for one man, doubt he'll be touring or even playing one show with that

could pick up some guilty pleasure bands like edguy or dragonforce, but dunno how those would go over. elvenking would rock, but also probably not go over well.

Well Edguy wouldn't go over because they played last year ;)

I think its very possible to fly out to do one show. Lets not forget Gildenlow was in the middle of a Flower Kings tour when he flew in to do PP last year.