So Who's Celebrating Thanksgiving with Blind Guardian?

We don't have Thanksgiving here, but I'd equate it to xmas dinner for my family.
And I'd skip that to go to a gig, depending on what band it is. But then, I'm pretty much in the same situation as Curu is, and see the 4 people (my parents and my grandparents) included in that dinner pretty much everyday, so I'd understand if someone wouldn't wanna skip it if they saw their family only a few times a year.

rrhoadsfan1 said:
Elves,knomes.demons and wizards just don't do it for me..Now talk to me about Nocturnal Rites, Edguy, VandenPlas.. And I'll give up my Bowling tournament on Turkey day for a show..: )

:headbang: :kickass: :headbang: :Smokin:

The_Q said:
I hope this does not offend anyone as it is not intended too at all...but... why would a person even think of going to a show on Thanksgiving night vs. spending time with loved ones? I could see if you didn't have a family or ate early but otherwise it seems to me pretty disturbing. Only a opinion.

I would because thanksgiving day does not mean a thing to me. It's a matter of cultural difference, and I hope you can understand that. There's absolutely NOTHING disturbing about it. What's disturbing if the fact that you feel sorry for people that have differnet opinion or choices other than you. That's not just disturbing, it's pretty fucking stupid.

And by the way, you should be the one spending more time with your family. Afterall, if you can only see them on Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving, maybe it's the time for you to take a sunday off and organize a get together. Cause following your rationale, you shouldn't be choosing to watch football or go out for a walk in any other day over spending time with your family, correct?

And I hope next time Blind Guardian comes near you, it'll be on thanksgiving night again. :lol:

Well, I am lucky enough to live within 3 miles of most of my immediate family, i.e. mom, dad, brothers and sis and all their kids. We get together for EVERY birthday (15 kids) and "life event" and holiday. So if we get to munch out with some TG food and I could still get to a BG concert, I'd go for it. Everyone's situation is different. Ain't fair to compare.

AngraRULES said:
I would because thanksgiving day does not mean a thing to me. It's a matter of cultural difference, and I hope you can understand that. There's absolutely NOTHING disturbing about it. What's disturbing if the fact that you feel sorry for people that have differnet opinion or choices other than you. That's not just disturbing, it's pretty fucking stupid.

And by the way, you should be the one spending more time with your family. Afterall, if you can only see them on Christmas, Easter and Thanksgiving, maybe it's the time for you to take a sunday off and organize a get together. Cause following your rationale, you shouldn't be choosing to watch football or go out for a walk in any other day over spending time with your family, correct?

And I hope next time Blind Guardian comes near you, it'll be on thanksgiving night again. :lol:

I second that emotion!

I honestly don't see how anyone could consider missing this as 90% of us will likely be in retirement homes by the time BG put out another album.

Diabolik said:
I will be there on Thanksgiving. I can see family any day. I would miss pretty much anything for a good show. I lmost had to miss my brothers wedding to see Therion.
That WAS my point. Thanks for clarifying.
Braxil said:
I honestly don't see how anyone could consider missing this as 90% of us will likely be in retirement homes by the time BG put out another album.
Well gee, thanks for pointing that out. I seriously hope you are confused.

Chris Rifkin(HalcyonF5 and Stu said:
I'll be seeing the hobbitt humpers out in LA Nov 11th
:kickass: Nov 9th for me San Diego house of blues :headbang:

haven't checked but might have to go if their playing the 10th in Anaheim
hopefully at the Galaxy :kickass:

Thanksgiving is not that big of a deal really at all at least for my family we eat and sleep and that is about it. In my opinion it is just utter blasphemy for a fan of Power Metal to miss BG at any cost. They should be in the top 5 faves of any Power Metal fanatic, but that is just my opinion. And Q it seems you like Gamma Ray and Sonata Arctica quite a bit and I am pretty sure they are Power Metal bands. So the real question is would Q (if he ever returns to this thread) miss Thanksgiving to see GR or SA?