So Who's Celebrating Thanksgiving with Blind Guardian?

I'll be at the Chicago show on Thanksgiving. My family always has "Thanksgiving lunch" instead of dinner because our guests always go to the other side of their family for dinner. All the family shit will be done and out of the way in the afternoon, leaving my evening free for rocking out :headbang:

Oh, and TEOF, you live really close to me. I'm in Arlington Heights.

I didn't know it was on turkey night! Oh well VIP tickets and passes will have to go to someone else. Family is more important than music, sorry.

I hope this does not offend anyone as it is not intended too at all...but... why would a person even think of going to a show on Thanksgiving night vs. spending time with loved ones? I could see if you didn't have a family or ate early but otherwise it seems to me pretty disturbing. Only a opinion.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't love my family any more on Thanksgiving than any other day of the year, so I don't see why I should spend time with them on that day any more than on a different day.

(This is also why I don't make New Year's Resolutions -- if something is worth doing, it is worth doing immediately -- not on a specific day of the year.)

-Tanelorn

The_Q said:
I hope this does not offend anyone as it is not intended too at all...but... why would a person even think of going to a show on Thanksgiving night vs. spending time with loved ones? I could see if you didn't have a family or ate early but otherwise it seems to me pretty disturbing. Only a opinion.

Because for many people, they only get the chance to see Blind Guardian once every four (possibly more) years, whereas they can see their families much more frequently. I'd go to any show instead of visiting family, easily.

I'm not say nor did I imply that you should "love" your family any more on that one day moreso that for many of us it is the very few times that a family gets to see its members. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving compared to how many shows during the year? You do the math. Tanelorn needs a hug! Any volunteers?

Why feel sorry for me? The only family I have out here consists of my parents and sister. They live 40 minutes away, and I go home to visit every other weekend, where we all sit down at the table and eat together anyway. Thanksgiving is just the same thing but with more food.

Some people have different situations and priorities than you, you know. You don't need to patronize people, especially when you're not good at it.

Rider of Theli said:
I'll be celebrating Dec 8th - whatever day that is - with Blind Guardian here in Atlanta! :kickass:
The feast of the Immaculate Conception. If you're Roman Catholic like I am than it's a Holy Day of Obligation and you must attend Mass. Luckily I'm going on Dec.2nd in Philly.