Blind Guardian

Anthony3

I Am Nothing
Sep 11, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
profiles.myspace.com
I don't know if this has been mentioned but Jaxx in Virginia has Blind Guardian on their list bands awaiting an official date.

I guess maybe this means so far Progpower is Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Therion, and Manitcora.

I noticed that a few days ago. Jaxx's website has gone from a "check once a month" to a "check back for an update every few hours." The Majority of their upcoming shows are great (including Sonata Arctica, April 13), and the "stay tuned" section just keeps getting more jaw dropping, with Stratovarius, Finntroll and now Blind Guardian's names being mentioned. Anything can be possible at this point.

While my initial reaction is to call bullshit, I'm actually really curious to see if there's anything behind this, or if it's just an error on Jaxx's website.

I guess we'll see what happens, because Marcus told me they weren't going to be doing any shows until after their new album.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed anyways :).

I have noticed in the past that Jaxx seems to have many of these"look for blank band in the futre" type thing that never pan out. I would never count on a jaxx date unless they show a date.

yeah, Jaxx's website in the past has always been pretty unreliable (like the Iced Earth show that was "upcoming" for about 2 years), and it actually bugged me to the point I emailed the webmaster to ask about a few shows that seem to be always "upcoming." the bands listed are possible shows for upcoming tours, and the dates usually arent announced (minus Therion which threw everything off) unless an official statement for a tour has been announced, or if the date is 100% confirmed. Its just hard not to speculate when band names you wouldnt think twice about seeing live in the near future appear out of nowhere, be it a small club in Virginia or anywhere in the US for that matter. and aside from this forum theres no news whatsoever on any of these bands doing any touring in the near future. Not like any of these speculations affect Progpower in any way. Progpower USA or local show in small club? :) tis a given.

Wow, I hope this is true.

When I first saw BB Kings listed Sonata Arctica as an opener for Overkill I thought that was an error but that is turning out to be true so ya never know!

Anthony3 said:
I don't know if this has been mentioned but Jaxx in Virginia has Blind Guardian on their list bands awaiting an official date.

I guess maybe this means so far Progpower is Blind Guardian, Stratovarius, Therion, and Manitcora.
My God, these four alone would be WAY more than worth it for me if it is true.

Anthony3 said:

Returning band is a middle slot, do u think BG is playing an hour? :err: :bah: :err:

I doubt Blind Guardian is playing this year. It would seem a bit pointless to bring them back when they haven't even put out a new album since they were last at Progpower.

If Hansi's coming, it's with Demons and Wizards.

How about this... Demons & Wizards plays ProgPower and headlines. Hansi brings Blind Guardian with him and following the ProgPower date they tour North America just simply don't perform at ProgPower. That makes sense.

Am I the only one who thinks BG is really pretty lame, especially given the competition of the genre? Hansi has the worlds worst stage presence, and their guitarists are poor and their leads are so pointless, adding nothing to the song. I was disappointed with them at Progpower III and I'd be really disappointed if a good slot at this progpower was wasted with BG.

SyXified said:
Am I the only one who thinks BG is really pretty lame, especially given the competition of the genre? Hansi has the worlds worst stage presence, and their guitarists are poor and their leads are so pointless, adding nothing to the song. I was disappointed with them at Progpower II and I'd be really disappointed if a good slot at this progpower was wasted with BG.

I tend to disagree. I think they are one of the best metal bands of the past 15 years and they deserve to be mentioned along side legends like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Saxon, Dio, and Helloween. The music they right touches so many. It's like magic. Their first five albums are timeless classics and even after those albums they have released some very good solid albums. I thought they were one of the more exciting bands I have seen live.

BTW, they played PP3 not 2.

SyXified said:
Am I the only one who thinks BG is really pretty lame, especially given the competition of the genre? Hansi has the worlds worst stage presence, and their guitarists are poor and their leads are so pointless, adding nothing to the song. I was disappointed with them at Progpower III and I'd be really disappointed if a good slot at this progpower was wasted with BG.

Well, Blind Guardian are one of my all time favorite bands, and I seriously think that they are the best powermetal band ever, if not definitely amungst them.

I think you just either "get them" or you don't.

SyXified said:
Am I the only one who thinks BG is really pretty lame...
No, and it is not that I don't 'get them' or 'understand them', it is just that their music does nothing for me...simple as that. It is all personal preference and nothing else.