So Who's Celebrating Thanksgiving with Blind Guardian?

The_Q said:
Magius, since when is voicing an opinion exhibiting a condecending attitude? My beliefs are simply my beliefs. I know people have different situations and respect them as people should respect mine. I don't expect people to agree with me all the time. But to call me condecending is just not right. So, this will be the last time I ever, I repeat EVER share my opinion. This forum is just too quick to judge and I have better things to do with my time....
You are the one feeling sorry for people, don't blame anybody for your opinions,
if thanksgiving is your holiday,your chance to see your people, i'm very happy for you!!!!!, just don't start preaching the "Q" way of doing things, and yes i had to open my big mouth.

The_Q said:
Magius, since when is voicing an opinion exhibiting a condecending attitude? My beliefs are simply my beliefs. I know people have different situations and respect them as people should respect mine. I don't expect people to agree with me all the time. But to call me condecending is just not right. So, this will be the last time I ever, I repeat EVER share my opinion. This forum is just too quick to judge and I have better things to do with my time....

Just to make myself clear to you Q, my post wasn't a personal attack on you nor derogatory in any way. Your opionion is as valid as anyone's, and I hate it that your feelings are so easily hurt. But pitying people for living and celebrating occasions differently than you do is condecending.
The rest of my post was simply a counter agrument to your point of view regarding holiday closings.
That's the last I'm going to say on this subject.

The_Q said:

Voicing an opinion is one thing, but saying that you "feel sorry for me" because I have different priorities than you is quite condescending. Now that everyone has jumped on you about your attitude, you have backed off and become defensive to make yourself look like the victim.

You're an asshole, plain and simple. Once people call you on it, you backpedal and attempt to twist yourself into the victim. I would be more than thrilled if you stopped posting your opinions (or anything at all) on this forum. But alas, it's a free country, and people can do what they want. Here's hopin'!

With that said, I no longer want to have threads escalate to this level. In order to do my part in that, I am never responding to or acknowledging any more of The_Q's posts again.

Curufin said:
Voicing an opinion is one thing, but saying that you "feel sorry for me" because I have different priorities than you is quite condescending. Now that everyone has jumped on you about your attitude, you have backed off and become defensive to make yourself look like the victim.

You're an asshole, plain and simple. Once people call you on it, you backpedal and attempt to twist yourself into the victim. I would be more than thrilled if you stopped posting your opinions (or anything at all) on this forum. But alas, it's a free country, and people can do what they want. Here's hopin'!

With that said, I no longer want to have threads escalate to this level. In order to do my part in that, I am never responding to or acknowledging any more of The_Q's posts again.

Ditto, it's kind of strange to say the least to go out and say that "you feel sorry for" people who have different situations than you, then say you "respect them". This attitude is probably the very definition of condescending, but if you feel people have "judged you" somehow through the process of defending their turkey day agenda, you're welcome to stop posting.

The_Q said:

Who are you to call on "voicing an opinion", when you're the one feeling sorry for people for having a different opinion than you?

Whatever dude, you're good at being a hipocrite. If you respected Drew's opinion in the first place, you woudln't have felt "sorry" for him.

And stop repeating yourself. We've heard that people have different situations and we're all aware of that. We know it, it's normal. No need to repeat it.

Curufin said:

You've got my full support on this post, Drew.

Sorry guys, I guess I did come off condecending. I really am not like that and I apologize Curifin. I'm not on this forum to piss anyone off. I think I type before thinking sometimes so please forgive me. My explanation is only that I guess I need to be closer to my family so when I hear about a concert or a family thing and someone chooses a concert, I speak rather than listen. I'm not a bad guy really. Beers on me next September ok?

If everyone here is so accustomed to The Q's alleged foolish and offensive remarks/opinions, then why are they taken so seriously and personally? I certainly am the first to agree that The Q makes some ill-advised comments that anger many(myself included). But it shocks me that some people take things so far. The Q clearly has difficulty articulating his thoughts when everyone jumps on him, and thats not an excuse, but surely you all can recognize that. The Q is harmless, and IMO a good guy. I met and spoke with him at PP this year, and I think he is a good guy. Hey, he sponsored Vision Divine and that's good enough for me. I'm not saying to let him off the hook, but maybe just ease up a bit. I mean, The Q is nowhere near as condescending as Barking Pumpkin, remember him?

Should all concerts be cancelled on Memorial Day? New Years? 4th of July? They are all national holidays, and some of the biggest concert nights of the year. If not, and if concerts should only be cancelled on Thanksgiving, shouldn't all those football games be cancelled too? Or is there a moral difference between attending a sports event and a musical event on Thanksgiving?
In addition, did it not occure to you that Blind Guardian won't take the stage until about 10pm or later. That should give almost anyone time to do both Thanksgiving and the show.
You're entitled to your opinion Q, but most don't appreciate your condecending attitude.

pwned.

Thank you. :kickass:

Just think, all you have to do is just read his annoying comments on a computer. Can you imagine having to deal with him in person? I stopped going to Impulse because of him. I wish they would get the big guy back to work there instead.

Oh well.

LOL, you stopped coming in to Impulse because of me? LOL Thats too funny. Try telling thje truth next time OK? I just ring up folks and answer the phone bro .