new Blind Guardian songs, anybody listen to those yet?

lucifer1126

Aug 19, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Has anyone here heard the Blind Guardian songs on their myspace page? Another Stranger in me and Fly are awesome!!! what do you guys think? Their new album is going to be awesome and i can't wait for their upcoming US Tour with Leave's Eyes!!! can't wait to see Liv Kristine

Anyways, for those who still hasn't checked out the new stuff yet, click on the banner, and you can also enter the contest to win a free guitar signed by the band!!!

they aren't that great. better than night of the opera, but not really good. they gotta stop layering hansi's voice. it all sounds so fake. have the rest of the band do some vocals like they do live.

musically its nothing impressive either. 2nd worst album they ever did.

that said, i'm still going to see them live for their older material.

for some reason i've never digged the epicness of a CD, sure it is good here and there, but a whole album? gets redundant and boring. an epic 25 minute song at the end of a CD is something i prefer. probably why I digged the EP over the full album. oddly enough i assumed it was going to be like nightfall so i bought it the day it came out... only album i own by them though. then again i have two T-shirts and saw them live and have gotten like 3 of my friends into them enough to buy albums.

MetalNoob said:
I'm listening to Nightfall in Middle Earth right now, classic material right there.
and to think that was the album right before night at the opera (aka two albums ago) really disappoints me. that album got me into metal as i know it today. (before i found that on napster 6 years ago I was listening to metallica, sabbath, slipknot, and korn and the like)