New Bloodbound in March

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
If you loved Tabula Rasa then I think you might not like the new one so much it seems. Fredrik Bergh said the music is more like the first two albums on the melodic rock forum. I liked Tabula Rasa a lot but the debut was far cheesier and better melodically speaking so I'm happy either way. Anyway it's called Unholy Cross. Bang goes the dual headline tour with Golden Resurrection! :)

Recent press release:

Swedish power metallers Bloodbound are the newest addition to the AFM roster. The band recently signed a contract and will release their fourth album Unholy Cross in March. The band comments: “We are very thrilled to join the AFM family and we are looking forward to the release of our fourth album “Unholy Cross” on the 18th of March. This is a new chapter for the band introducing Patrik Johansson on vocals and a return to the band´s classic metal roots”.
WebLink: www.afm-records.de/en/news/news-568-Bloodbound.html.

I actually never got interested in Bloodbound to begin with. The music never really did it for me. Never really knew why either...

Based on their band's website, this is some other guy who also is in a band called Dawn of Silence. http://www.myspace.com/dawnofsilence

edit: Dawn of Silence is a pretty darn good power metal band.

My bad. So, this is not the guy from Astral Doors/Lions Share. But this Dawn Of Silence dude is very good too. His voice reminds me of Tobias Sammet from Edguy. I'm still interested in the new Bloodbound with him on vocals.

The dude from Dawn of Silence is okay, but he's really just a poor man's Sammett. Still, I've liked the songwriting on all the Bloodbound albums, so it should still be good. I just don't know if it's a rush to buy, especially with Avantasia's live set coming out, and Power Quest, and Manigance.

The dude from Dawn of Silence is okay, but he's really just a poor man's Sammett. Still, I've liked the songwriting on all the Bloodbound albums, so it should still be good. I just don't know if it's a rush to buy, especially with Avantasia's live set coming out, and Power Quest, and Manigance.

Funny how things are... I remember very well back in the PP3 days, where people would say Tobias Sammet was a poor-man whoever... Interesting how things develop for sure!

How's Manigance? I don't recall if I ever checked them out, but they've been on my list for a looooong time...

Funny how things are... I remember very well back in the PP3 days, where people would say Tobias Sammet was a poor-man whoever... Interesting how things develop for sure!

Back in the day, he was a poor man's Kiske. Today, he's better and a legend in his own right. Not because time passed, but because he got better. At least to my ears, he made a huge leap in vocal ability between Theater of Salvation and Avantasia I. Then Mandrake, which was probably his best vocal performance ever.

On Theater of Salvation, I remember thinking, "He's pretty good, but his vibrato's a little weird."

Manigance is amazing. I think Ange Ou Demon is their best.

From www.melodicrock.com :

"Cover artwork and track listing of Bloobound's new album Unholy Cross have been unveiled. The forth effort from Sweden's premiere power metallers will be released on March 18 via AFM Records.
The band comments: "The album cover made by Mark Wilkinson (Iron Maiden, Judas Priest etc) is very symbolic for the band as it symbolizes the resurrection of bloodbound. It shows our monster mascot "Nossen" rising from the dead. We as a band feel we're resurrected as well, as we now have a stable line up and we all like working together as a band unit. Unholy Cross was a fun album to write and record and musically we wanted to go back and create the magic from the Nosferatu album but with an updated 2011 production."
Track Listing: 1. Moria 2. Drop The Bomb 3. The Ones We Left Behind 4. Reflections Of Evil 5. In For The Kill 6. Together We Fight 7. The Dark Side Of Life 8. Brothers Of War 9. Message From Hell 10. In The Dead Of Night 11. Unholy Cross."

bloodbound-unholycross.jpg

Get a taste tomorrow on The Metal Madman Radio Show!

This week The Metal Madman Radio Show brings you a CD showcase of the new album by MEAN STREAK called "Declaration Of War"! For fans of HAMMERFALL! On top of that brand new music from WHITESNAKE, BLOODBOUND, EDEN'S CURSE, HIBRIA, SACRED ILLUSION, KATANA, M.ILL.ION, SERENITY, EXISTANCE, and MORE!

MADMANBLOODBOUND.jpg

The first CD was way ahead of its time. All these White Wizzards, Holy Grails, etc pale in comparison to BB's debut full length. That CD brought it hard. Thought the subsequent records were awful though, but just me. =/

The first CD was way ahead of its time. All these White Wizzards, Holy Grails, etc pale in comparison to BB's debut full length. That CD brought it hard. Thought the subsequent records were awful though, but just me. =/

I agree...Nosferatu was a fantastic album and my personal favorite.

...I just heard a cut from the MetalMadman's radio show and it kicked ass! I'm a huge Urban fanboy, so I hate that he's not in the band. With that said, this new material sounds to be very promising!

~Brian~