New Bloodbound in March

CD showcase is here!

Today from 7-10 PM EST The Metal Madman Radio Show brings you a CD showcase of the new album by BLOODBOUND called "Unholy Cross"! On top of that brand new music from WHITESNAKE, HEATHENDOM, SONIC ALTAR, DORIAN GRAY, JAG PANZER, DRAGO13, BOREALIS, and MORE!

CHATROOM
http://www.themetalmadman.com/chat

TUNE IN
http://www.themetalmadman.com/tunein.html

MADMANBLOODBOUND.jpg

No Urban, no interest.
He's the only reason I listened to them in the first place. Feelings at the time were, "Not bad. Love Urban on vocals." Wasn't really into them prior, but was glad Urban had an outlet, though frankly, I was wishing it would be with someone else. Now not really interested, but I'll give it a listen.

Meh... which pretty much sums up how I always felt about Bloodbound, excepting a few decent songs on Nosferatu (ahead of its time? Really? What, were they the first band you heard rip off Maiden and Helloween?) and of course, I was a little surprised at how much I really dug Tabula Rasa. I just don't care for the songwriting in general, and the guitars and bass, never mind the keyboards which hardly bear mentioning, I find unimaginative at best. That said, the singer certainly seems decent enough and those who liked Nosferatu should like this album from all I've heard. In fact, the opening of this song reminds me strongly of something off Nosferatu, I think, but I don't know it well enough to identify which song.

A quote from someone who heard it all some time ago when I asked her what she thought... "Um, Hammerfall called, and they want their old songs back." Reinforced the idea that I will probably not like the album. And made me giggle. :)

Of course, some may think I'm biased because of their parting with Urban, but those who've known me for very long will know better. I wish 'em luck (well, some of them anyway :D), and for those who dig the new album, good for them. Bloodbound's just not my cup of tea.

Shaye

Meh... which pretty much sums up how I always felt about Bloodbound, ... I just don't care for the songwriting in general, and the guitars and bass, never mind the keyboards which hardly bear mentioning, I find unimaginative at best.
Precisely. This was my first opinion and tried to give them a better chance after Urban was singing, but ... really... wish he wasn't with them. Sorry, true story.

A quote from someone who heard it all some time ago when I asked her what she thought... "Um, Hammerfall called, and they want their old songs back." Reinforced the idea that I will probably not like the album. And made me giggle. :)
Made me giggle too.

The song "Drop The Bomb" is available HERE for free download (right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As").

Also, from the Bloodbound e-mail list:

WIN A SIGNED CD AND A T-SHIRT!

Download the free track "Moria" from BLOODBOUND's new release "Unholy Cross" and make your own "Moria" music video and put it on YouTube. Send the YouTube link
to: bloodbound@dynamicform.se

The winner will be announced on the 22nd of april and win a signed "Unholy Cross" CD and a t-shirt.

Download "MORIA" at http://www.bloodbound.se/music/bloodbound_-_moria.mp3

I have to say, I went into this album a skeptic and came out a believer. They definitely stuck close to a Edguy meets Sabaton formula, but it's so damned fun. The new vocalist is a good match for their more melodic style.