New Borknagar song from Origin online!

I can't find words to describe what I'm feeling.

I want to like it, but I'm still stuck in the Vortex era. I knew well of this album before hearing this song. I was curious, but not excited, almost crestfallen by the fact that I'll have to wait twice as long for a new Borknagar metal album to come out. What I just heard was Borknagar 100%, but I felt empty from the listening experience. It lacked the power I draw from other albums, and I didn't get the feeling of being absorbed into the song.

I'll try my best not to judge the album by one song, but I do hope that the majority of the songs will satisfy my needs in ways I assume will be indescribable. No doubt I'll by the album and listen to it multiple times, but I will remain thirsty for the next stroke of thunder to resonate from Brun's electric guitars, Asgeir's aggressive drumming, and vocals that alternate from vengeful growls to epic melodies.

This album to me may turn out to be a delicious vegetarian sandwich. It will satisfy my hunger, but only as does a humble lunch, after which I await so many hours a dinner of the same sandwich but with heavy slabs of meat placed in the middle.

To the others: This is good but still not the best on the CD! Just read the opinions in the "Origin Review" thread. Zephyrus, you might find that if you don't focus on your need for electric guitars, this album can really pull you in.

Zephyrus said:
That's what I'm hoping for, trying to get the most out of elements not central to the music I'm used to.

I'd also like to say that Earth Imagery strikes me as the most familiar-to-their-heavy-albums song on the CD, and I think that it is the one song on the album that could probably work better as a heavy song...

Whereas the rest of the songs feel different and work better acoustically!