New Mercenary song online!

I like! Very little growling - just hard guitar crunch. Great melodies. Really heavy. I hope the rest of the new album is like this.

Steve in Philly

About their live performance, everyone who saw them at IV says their performance was amazing.

But on the Prog Power DVD, their performance of "11 Dreams" was IMO pretty awful. For anyone who has the DVD and has seen them live, do they sound this bad live or was it just a bad song choice for DVD.... or am I just in the minority when it comes to their live performance?

I do love their albums, and their one of the bands I'm looking forward to most. But I really hope they don't sound like that live. :-(

I agree the performance of 11 Dreams on the DVD isn't that great. I seem to recall totally rocking out to their set, but not being very into one of the songs. 11 Dreams very well might've been it. All in all they were my 2nd favorite performance that year, right behind Symphony X and above Vanden Plas.

11 dreams was a brand new, likely never been played yet song for them, and IMO, was a HORRIBLE choice to stick on the DVD. No one would've known it at all, so it took the crowd by surprise. Had the best choice been given to thier DVD performance, it would've been Sieze The Night, their final song of the set.

But I hardly know what went into choosing the song sets for the DVD, it may have been the best one recorded quality wise.

Pelata said:
Thank you kind sir... :kickass: :headbang:
Rock on dude!:kickass: You should consider coming to PP. We can hang out, you can meet the wife, the twin daughters, Metalshock, Zekeyou and a few others:kickass:

I'd love to come to PP.

Only problem is they've ALWAYS been around the time of either my Wedding Anniversary or my wife's birthday. LOL!!

"Honey...can we go to ATL and watch a bunch of Prog Metal bands for our anniversary???" Ha!!

Pelata said:
I'd love to come to PP.

Only problem is they've ALWAYS been around the time of either my Wedding Anniversary or my wife's birthday. LOL!!

"Honey...can we go to ATL and watch a bunch of Prog Metal bands for our anniversary???" Ha!!
My wife goes and it is near her birthday!!:kickass:

VenomGA said:
My wife goes and it is near her birthday!!:kickass:

Yeah, but my wife went to SO MANY concerts while in High School that she's kinda over it now...unless it's someone she REALLY wants to see...like Coldplay or something...LOL!

She likes Metal...always has...but she's kinda like me...unless it's someone she's dying to see, she'd rather stay home and watch a movie. :lol: