New Cab Packs for the Axe-Fx

Delitzsch

Führendes Mitglied
Dec 14, 2013
For anyone interested, they released two new cab packs. The "Cabs in the Attic" pack looks pretty cool for stuff other than metal. I might get that one.

The other cab pack, looks good too, but I have no idea who Clark Kent is (besides the Superman alter-ego). Who is he? Are there any metal albums he's worked on?

Yeah, either this is the best pack ever made or the Fractal forum is 100% biased. Here's over 200 comments of singing this guy's praises:

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-user-cabs-irs/92986-im-producing-cab-pack-fractal-audio-systems.html
They just like those IRs, that's it ; how should that be "biased" ?

And I still have no idea who this guy is. :confused:
He used to post here. Just an IR enthusiast, with a « scientific approach », and whose free IRs happens to be very popular among Fractal users. So no, he's not a "big name", but does that matter ? In the past, I've bought IRs from at least one "big name" and they're terrible :puke:

Oh, it's Clark Kent. "I'm producing a cab pack for fractal audio I think it's the best cab in the world" lol he never changes. They sound nice soloed but I'm not impressed by those mixes.

I picked it up along with Cab Pack 5 (Ultra Res 4x12s).

So far I'm having more immediate success with Cab Pack 5, but it is a taste thing at the end of the day and so far my experience is limited as I only had a bit of time to mess around with them on Saturday. Cab Pack 5 definitely covers more ground, the CK pack is an in depth at just one cab so if you want Mesa Stiletto IRs that would be the pack to get.

I might pick up Cabs in the Attic at some point, but what I'm most looking forward to is the cab lab plugin.

They just like those IRs, that's it ; how should that be "biased" ?

He used to post here. Just an IR enthusiast, with a « scientific approach », and whose free IRs happens to be very popular among Fractal users. So no, he's not a "big name", but does that matter ? In the past, I've bought IRs from at least one "big name" and they're terrible :puke:

I said that they might be biased. I wasn't accusing them of it. That's why I said that it could be one of the greatest cab packs made. I didn't know. And, yes, people can be biased. It happens.

It never mattered to me if this guy was a nobody or someone famous. I had no clue. I just wanted to see if anyone knew anything about him, that's all.

Either you're Clark Kent himself or someone who likes to rush to his defense when there is perceived criticism (Notice I said "perceived"). I never said one bad word about the guy, but you sure took everything I said offensively.

So what's your deal with acting like that?

I stitched together a little something using a few of the sm57s in the pack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either you're Clark Kent himself or someone who likes to rush to his defense when there is perceived criticism (Notice I said "perceived"). I never said one bad word about the guy, but you sure took everything I said offensively
It's know that CK, who used to post here, had arguments with some users here and my perception was, by the ambiguous tone of your post, that you may be one of them. Sorry if I misinterpreted things here. But I can can assure you that 1) no, I'm not CK, 2) for what it's worth I don't even consider his IRs to be the ultimate IRs for metal tone either. I still like ASEM Recto, which ironically is free, more than anything else ; I mix it with Ownhammer HGE IRs or some CK IRs, but the mixes I like the best are ASEM/Ownhammer. However, there's no denying that his IRs are very popular, so it's not a bias thing from users.

here's a link with a video of my IR mixes
http://axefremen.blogspot.com/2014/12/presets-for-firmware-1702.html

It's know that CK, who used to post here, had arguments with some users here and my perception was, by the ambiguous tone of your post, that you may be one of them.

Check my join date, fremen. I've been here only one year. I had no idea that he used to hang around here. I've never had any conversations with the guy.

Done, should have noticed that, although I have no idea when CK stopped to post here. I'm not his attorney or whatever, lol

btw are you on the latest firmware ? I'm a little behind now, I don't had access to a computer for almost two weeks and it's frustrating