NEW CLIP using STURGIS SAMPLES. Advice?

I was actually thinking about buying the Black and Gold kit too... with maybe the Emerald cymbals? I can't decide. Anyway, what program do you use for the cymbals?

i prefer the detuned series over the black and gold. and you cant go wrong with the emeralds

Really digging the music... you need to make a CD, I'd totally buy it!

I have some questions though...

Can you give explain how did you do the stutering on 0:35?

And at 0:55 during the electronic drums, how did you do that "repeating snare" sound? Not sure how to explain this but it sounds like the snare are glitching out...

In short, I'm really interested in those "glitchy" stuff...

Really digging the music... you need to make a CD, I'd totally buy it!

I have some questions though...

Can you give explain how did you do the stutering on 0:35?

And at 0:55 during the electronic drums, how did you do that "repeating snare" sound? Not sure how to explain this but it sounds like the snare are glitching out...

In short, I'm really interested in those "glitchy" stuff...

For glitches buddy, you might want to try 'SupaTrigga' http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=6

and also, LiveCut http://mdsp.smartelectronix.com/livecut/

both are free and work with mac and windows

Oh, pretty cool! Will give those a spin.

I used to think that the only way to do that stuff was through manual editing... like cutting the clips/regions/whatever-you-call-it at 16th/32nd note intervals... turns out there's a plugin that does it?

Okay so I tried SupaTrigga... I fiddled around with it but I don't really understand how to use it. Based on what I understand of it, the cuts are happening at random and everytime you play the project, the result will be different.

Livecut is even more confusing, but at least it has some documentation... still trying hard to understand how to use this though... I'm just not getting consistant or predictable results with the glitching...

So what's a typical way to use these VSTs? I'm using Cakewalk Sonar 7 (yeah old I know, I'll upgrade to X1 soon, need to finish some projects first before I make the upgrade)... in Sonar there's a feature where each audio clip can have their own FX bin (inserts) that comes before any of the track's processing.

I tried the plugins with a rhythm guitar track, at a breakdown section. So I basically just split only a small section of the guitar where I want the glitch to happen, then I insert one of the VST's into that small section.

How are other people doing it? Is it a better idea to just move that small glitch section to its own dedicated track and insert the VST there instead?

Okay so I tried SupaTrigga... I fiddled around with it but I don't really understand how to use it. Based on what I understand of it, the cuts are happening at random and everytime you play the project, the result will be different.

Livecut is even more confusing, but at least it has some documentation... still trying hard to understand how to use this though... I'm just not getting consistant or predictable results with the glitching...

So what's a typical way to use these VSTs? I'm using Cakewalk Sonar 7 (yeah old I know, I'll upgrade to X1 soon, need to finish some projects first before I make the upgrade)... in Sonar there's a feature where each audio clip can have their own FX bin (inserts) that comes before any of the track's processing.

I tried the plugins with a rhythm guitar track, at a breakdown section. So I basically just split only a small section of the guitar where I want the glitch to happen, then I insert one of the VST's into that small section.

How are other people doing it? Is it a better idea to just move that small glitch section to its own dedicated track and insert the VST there instead?

Izotope Stutter Edit is also a good one.

I have to agree, LiveCut is very unpredicable... haha
The thing that I do is get everything tracked first, and get a decent tone. Because I mainly use amp sims, I bounce the piece/or pieces of audio that I want to stutter. Then import them into a new project and start working on them there. After that, bounce then, and then put them back into the track. Note that audio exported originally is raw, unprocessed audio (POD farm bypassed etc, so that when re-imported, you can throw it back into the track and then keeps adjusting your tone.

I know, it's long winded, but I suppose you could also try bussing the glitch program, and then automating it to turn on etc..