New COB "Blooddrunk" video...

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
I'll apologize now for this having NOTHING to do with engineering, mixing, producing, or Andy... but i'm assured a lot of you here like COB. The producing on COB's new album sounds amazing. IMO, probably the best since Follow The Reaper.

[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=28618470[/ame]

Does anyone know what settings they use for that classic COB Alexi guitar tone? Does anyone have a patch for Pod XT Live?

I am REALLY excited for this album now! I can't wait 'til I see them live on May 22nd. I just hope they aren't too wasted to play as usual. LOL

I think the tone and production is absolutely awesome. I don't personally enjoy the song all that much. I'd almost rather listen to FTR, Hatebreeder, HCDR, and AYDY before this.

Sounds good.
Too bad there's nothing too memorable in the song.. :erk:

Oh! In the pre-chorus (I think?) it sounds to me like there kicks in extra sub-harmonics.. very cool. Mr. Karmila has used a synth-bass in the past to make choruses stand out a bit.

wow...why does Alexi sound like Chuck in some parts? The very first line for example, or is it just me?
Decent production, Don't like COB at all though, sorry.

The song isn't too bad; I hate when it goes into that super Lamb-of-God-esque verse (especially the fucking spoken word at the beginning, I HATE SPOKEN WORD, it's so goddamn hxc lolzers), and the groove in the bridge is kinda strange, but not bad overall. I really liked AYDY, honestly; it had some new and unique elements (like the guitars in the verse of Bastards of Bodom, probably my favorite song on the album), and in fact, I'd say my least favorite album of theirs is HCD

:shakes head: Alexi what have you done to bodom!? Im not a big fan of Are you Dead Yet and the new songs posted from the new album.

And is Alexi Using Marshall now?

that nu metal sound just doesn't fit with these types of bands...at least the song writing is a step forward from their previous 2 albums...or should i say step backwards:lol:

that nu metal sound just doesn't fit with these types of bands...at least the song writing is a step forward from their previous 2 albums...or should i say step backwards:lol:

New metal?
I though more about Groove Metal("post-thrash").
I actually really liked this, just because it reminds me of Pantera, which in my opinion is the greatest band ever. ;D

+Bump...

So I decided to see what COB stuff was on Youtube for Blooddrunk... and yep, it's leaked already. Go to YouTube and type in "Children of Bodom blooddrunk" and search through the results. I'm pretty sure every song is posted. I've listened to one of the songs, but i'm trying to resist the urge to listen to any more. I want to wait 'til it's in my hands. Grrrr!!!! Temptation might get the best of me though :)

I can't gauge the production off of the Youtube codecs... but this sounds like a pretty solid album. I think Peter did a great job recording Alexi's vocals. The guitar tone and drums sound great too.

New metal?
I though more about Groove Metal("post-thrash").
I actually really liked this, just because it reminds me of Pantera, which in my opinion is the greatest band ever. ;D

nu metal as in the sound of the guitars, not the song structuring

And is Alexi Using Marshall now?

Might be for the video, but I think Roope Latvala uses Marshall stack (see the video belo), but Alexi has used Marshall cabinets for a really long time, atleast as long as I can remember. I first heard of them back in 1999 when I saw the musicvideo for Silent Night, Bodom Night and there is a Marshall stack in the video.

Atleast in 2006 he used this kind of setup:

* 3 ESP Alexi Laiho Signature guitars
* Shure UHF Marcad Diversity MKII wireless receiver
* Lee Jackson Perfect Connection GP-1000 tube preamp
* RSP 2400 Hush/Enhancer/Exciter
* Rocktron Intellifex
* VHT Two/Fifty/Two Stereo tube poweramp
* Marshall 1960B Straight front, 300W Stereo 4×12 Cab
* 2 75-watt Celestion G12T-75 Speakers

...but then again, you never know

Last edited by a moderator:
Might be for the video, but I think Roope Latvala uses Marshall stack (see the video belo), but Alexi has used Marshall cabinets for a really long time, atleast as long as I can remember. I first heard of them back in 1999 when I saw the musicvideo for Silent Night, Bodom Night and there is a Marshall stack in the video.

Atleast in 2006 he used this kind of setup:

* 3 ESP Alexi Laiho Signature guitars
* Shure UHF Marcad Diversity MKII wireless receiver
* Lee Jackson Perfect Connection GP-1000 tube preamp
* RSP 2400 Hush/Enhancer/Exciter
* Rocktron Intellifex
* VHT Two/Fifty/Two Stereo tube poweramp
* Marshall 1960B Straight front, 300W Stereo 4×12 Cab
* 2 75-watt Celestion G12T-75 Speakers

...but then again, you never know

They were both definitely playing Marshalls in their recording videos.

std10.jpg