New Maiden Video - The Final Frontier

Jind

Grrrr!!! (I'm a bear)
Mar 7, 2009
[ame]http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=105822368[/ame]

As a Maiden fanboi all I can say is I love the song and love the high production value video to go along with it. This song is catchy as hell.

UP THE IRONS!!! :headbang::headbang:

Damn video does not link correctly - click on the MySpace logo.

PS - love the Indiana Jones scene :)

Also - I just pre-ordered my "The Final Frontier (Double Vinyl Picture Disc)" from Amazon - can't wait till August 17th (probably the 19th by the time I get it, but you know what I mean).

UP THE IRONS!!!

I think someone needs to explain to the Maiden boys what mixing and mastering are. Just because you're leaving it unmastered, so it OMG sounds just like it did in the studio, doesn't mean you can't make it sound good.

Oh, and they should consider tuning to Eb or D so Bruce can actually hit the high notes.

Awesome video though.

Bruce is losing his voice and it´s becoming hard to hear his highs. His voice seems very forced to fit the song, I really dislike that shit and I am a maiden fan.

Hm ... a british guy stealing pyramids from aliens ... in space :D
Video is ok, but song pretty much sucks (unfortunately).
Oh well, there`s still Somewhere In Time ...

The production value seems quite high, but the mood of the video really doesn't match the song very well imo. I think if it focused around action type scenes instead of trying to build up some kind of dramatic suspense, it would have suited the song better.

i used to be a VERY big maiden fan but now i think they missed the point when they should have stopped.
to me fear of the dark was the last good album they made. but i´m still looking forward to see them live in wacken.

i used to be a VERY big maiden fan but now i think they missed the point when they should have stopped.
to me fear of the dark was the last good album they made. but i´m still looking forward to see them live in wacken.

See - it's quotes like this I just don't get. One moment you are telling us you think they should have "just stopped" and the last good album was "Fear of the Dark", but the next minute you are still looking forward to seeing them. Do you want them to be one of those be one of those bands resting on their laurels, releasing "best of' albums time and time again with nothing new, just touring with a set list of 25 year old tunes and nothing new? I'm thankful that they continue to put out new music, to continue to be one of the best live bands ever. Just like my other favorite band Rush, who continues to put out new music 30 years later than the glory days of "Moving Pictures", Iron Maiden at their hearts are musicians and have creative muses to follow and are not happy to just be doing their oldies but goodies and still want to create new and different music - I hope I still feel the same about my music in 20 years.

I say bravo Iron Maiden - keep the creative juices flowing - it's part of life and when it's time they will stop, I just hope it's not any time soon.

UP THE IRONS!!!!!

I did not like Eldorado, but this one got me. I felt sceptical at the very beginning, after Eldorado, but the refrain grew on me. And I loved it. I also love the raw "unmastered" vibe and so on. Loving the previous album more, though.

See - it's quotes like this I just don't get. One moment you are telling us you think they should have "just stopped" and the last good album was "Fear of the Dark", but the next minute you are still looking forward to seeing them. Do you want them to be one of those be one of those bands resting on their laurels, releasing "best of' albums time and time again with nothing new, just touring with a set list of 25 year old tunes and nothing new? I'm thankful that they continue to put out new music, to continue to be one of the best live bands ever. Just like my other favorite band Rush, who continues to put out new music 30 years later than the glory days of "Moving Pictures", Iron Maiden at their hearts are musicians and have creative muses to follow and are not happy to just be doing their oldies but goodies and still want to create new and different music - I hope I still feel the same about my music in 20 years.

I say bravo Iron Maiden - keep the creative juices flowing - it's part of life and when it's time they will stop, I just hope it's not any time soon.

UP THE IRONS!!!!!

maiden live has always been a great experience. i saw them about ten times i think or even more. i just don´t like their new albums.
on the other hand i always found it boring that they were playing all the same old songs over and over. they have so many great (older) songs they haven´t played very often. i loved the tour were the played a bunch of songs they didn´t peform live for a very long time like aces high, which was fucking awesome.
i just don´t like all their new stuff but maybe i´m getting too old for this. :tickled:

According to a preview report at Imperiumi.net, this and El Dorado are two of the weaker tracks on the album.

I will wait for the album until I make my mind. I don't want to over listen the songs before the album is out. :)